Just ordered a Provari and need advice on Juice delivery options!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmccl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
Verdi, NV
Screen Shot 2013-05-26 at 1.37.35 PM.jpg
I finally went for it! Yes, I got the default color: silver with red LED but that's what I wanted. So for all you Provari experts I have a few questions. What are some good options for juice delivery? I have done some research but am having trouble deciding which to go with. Here are my current options (yes, I will likely try a few different ones)

1. Kanger ProTank
  2. Some kind of cartomizer/tank system (would like recommendations here- I have read Ikenvape (for carts?) is good but everything seems to be out of stock and I wouldn't know what to order anyway!)
  3. HH357 Cisco style atomizer(s) for dripping -- which one? again, seems that they are mostly all out of stock but I would like to know what to order when they are back in stock!
  4. AGA-T2 rebuildable atomizer - I want to experiment and try to do this. Is this the one to start with?
  5. AMP tank from Avid Vaper - again, sold out but the atomizer tank concept is intriguing!
  6. Whatever else you use on your Provari that works well and you would recommend highly!

I mostly vape Boba's bounty so would like to know if the delivery system will work well with 100% vg. I am so excited about the Provari! I can't wait. Now I need to set my self up with some good delivery options.

Thanks for any input.

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
For the carto tank setup, I would recommend the IBTanked 22mm XL tank kit. It comes with a glass/pyrex tank and caps (anodized colors or stainless), a carto, a drip tip that is made to assist in filling, and a thingy. If you want to know more about the thingy, check out their thread here on ECF:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...s-forum/339809-do-you-fiddle-your-thingy.html

Here's the link to the IBTanked kit pages:
https://www.ibtanked.com/complete-tanks/anodised
https://www.ibtanked.com/complete-tanks/stainless-steel-setup

DrApex

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
Raleigh NC
Any of those options you list are good. Some require a little more fiddling than others.

I'm not a 100% fan of the protank due to the airyness of the draw. Not enough vapor for me...

Most of the time I have a glass carto tank on top of my provari.

Sometimes I'll put an adapter on the provari for a Kanger T3, but I mostly use ego twist batteries for these.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
:toast: grats on choosing a Provari. I guarantee it will serve you well.

Just about any juice delivery device that you decide to put on your Provari will work well.

Boba's Bounty might prove to be a challenge for most any wicked juice delivery devices. Not only is it a very thick e-liquid, it has a fair amount of particulate material suspended in it which does not get vaped away and tends to clog both the string wicks of clearotanks and the polyfiller of cartomizers. Your best bet to vape that without issues would be a dripping atomizer as it won't have a wick or filler to clog.

Should you tire of the dripping ritual, there are other options for using an atomizer. You already mentioned the AMP tank. You could also use a contraption called the Vape Mate, a product made by Super T Manufacturing which turns any tube mod into a bottom feeding mod with the use of both an atomizer and the tank included with the Vape Mate. Super T ~ Vapemate
___

What I currently use are IBTanked pyrex cartotanks IBTanked - Get Tanked With Us! with Ikenvape cartomizers. High quality and inexpensive, I have seven of the 19mm XL tanks and just ordered five of the 22mm XL tanks since I just received my Pro Rings for a cleaner look of a larger tank on the Provari's. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provari/383572-provari-pro-rings.html?highlight=provari+pro+rings

I've done a review of these tanks in this blog article: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3318-3-ibtanked-pyrex-glass-tanks-review.html

I've done a cartotank tutorial here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3710-5-cartomizer-tank-setup.html

If you are not able to land some Ikenvape cartomizers (510 Fusion or Platinum), I recommend some Smoktek 3.0 ohm single coils, which are my backup cart when I don't have IKV's on hand. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3295-2-sample-list-vendors-selling-pre-punched-single-coil-cartomizers-cartotanks.html

The IBTanks are my primary delivery devices, and also serve as backup to my two AGA T2 RBA tanks which have been getting a lot of use at home. When they are hitting on both cylinders there's not a better vape, but they can be unexplicably fussy and undependable. They are position dependent and will leak if allowed to lay flat, so they are not a great option for out-and-about.

IBTanked-large-small.jpg IBTanked-MiniProvari.jpg

Last edited:

Elantis

~≈Dragonfly≈~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hoosier Cornhusker
The ProTank fits the top of the ProVari nicely and works extremely well.

189531d1363645539-kanger-protank-provari-protankmini.jpg

The IBTanked size I use on the ProVari is the 19mm as it fits the top perfectly - The 22mm would be too large unless you also had a ProRing.

aburupyh.jpg

And here with an AGA T2 - again a little difference in size which can be fixed by a ProRing.

img_1761_1.jpg

Congrats on your purchase and Happy Vaping!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Thanks, BluGlen. Do you mean the 25 mm XL tank kit? Which cartomizer do you use with it? Any preference?
There will be some noticeable overhang with the 25mm diameter tanks. The 22mm is the same diameter as the Provari body, so a Pro Ring between the two makes for a clean unbroken profile. The 19mm diameter tank is the same diameter as the top of the Provari cone.

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
Thanks, BluGlen. Do you mean the 25 mm XL tank kit? Which cartomizer do you use with it? Any preference?

I would bypass the 25mm since it's diameter is larger than that of the ProVari's. The 22mm in either the standard size or XL size will match the ProVari perfectly.

- Andy

Tommy Aces

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Connecticut
View attachment 213928
I finally went for it! Yes, I got the default color: silver with red LED but that's what I wanted. So for all you Provari experts I have a few questions. What are some good options for juice delivery? I have done some research but am having trouble deciding which to go with. Here are my current options (yes, I will likely try a few different ones)

1. Kanger ProTank
  2. Some kind of cartomizer/tank system (would like recommendations here- I have read Ikenvape (for carts?) is good but everything seems to be out of stock and I wouldn't know what to order anyway!)
  3. HH357 Cisco style atomizer(s) for dripping -- which one? again, seems that they are mostly all out of stock but I would like to know what to order when they are back in stock!
  4. AGA-T2 rebuildable atomizer - I want to experiment and try to do this. Is this the one to start with?
  5. AMP Tank from Avid Vaper - again, sold out but the atomizer tank concept is intriguing!
  6. Whatever else you use on your Provari that works well and you would recommend highly!

I mostly vape Boba's bounty so would like to know if the delivery system will work well with 100% vg. I am so excited about the Provari! I can't wait. Now I need to set my self up with some good delivery options.

Thanks for any input.

As far as carto tanks, I'd start by just picking up a couple cheap Smoktech DCT, Artemis locking (you'll want to pick up an airflow controller if you choose this one), or AGR tanks and of course, the appropriate cartos. If you try a couple of these and like them, then go ahead and check out some of the nicer tank options mentioned.

As far as RBA, I'd recommend the RSST over the AGA as a first Genesis. Because of the spring loaded positive post, full bottom tank section, and insulated wick hole, it's just a little easier to work with. Once again, if you like it, you can always go from there.

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida

There will be some noticeable overhang with the 25mm diameter tanks. The 22mm is the same diameter as the Provari body, so a Pro Ring between the two makes for a clean unbroken profile. The 19mm diameter tank is the same diameter as the top of the Provari cone.

I would bypass the 25mm since it's diameter is larger than that of the ProVari's. The 22mm in either the standard size or XL size will match the ProVari perfectly.

- Andy

What they said! :D I have a 22mm XL and a couple of 19mm XL tanks from IBTanked, and they're all good. I like the 22mm for it's capacity since I can fill it once and be pretty much set for the day.

As for cartos, I tend to like the Smoktech 3.2 ohm XL with 2 pre-drilled holes, and they're very reasonable in price from IBTalked as well:
https://www.ibtanked.com/accessories/cartomizers/smok-3-2-ohm-single-coil-2-hole-xl-detail

cmccl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
Verdi, NV
Thanks to all of you for the info. I ordered a couple of tanks fro IBTanked (19 mm XL and 22 mm XL), some Smoktech 3.2 ohm XL cartos with pre-drilled holes, and two Protanks. Also ordered a Pro-Ring for the 22 mm tank.

Love the photos Elantis. Thanks! Good to know you have many of the delivery options I was considering!

Baditude- I really appreciate the detailed response. I love reading your responses and blog posts. All the detailed info you provide really helps newbies like me navigate the waters. I have learned so much from you!

Tommy Aces - ok, I'll put the AGA T2 purchase on hold for a bit while I research the RSST.

Anyone have any advice on which HH357 atomizer to buy? There are several and I don't want to order something incompatible.

Isn't vaping a blast? I never had this much fun smoking :laugh:

Tommy Aces

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Connecticut
Thanks to all of you for the info. I ordered a couple of tanks fro IBTanked (19 mm XL and 22 mm XL), some Smoktech 3.2 ohm XL cartos with pre-drilled holes, and two Protanks. Also ordered a Pro-Ring for the 22 mm tank.

Love the photos Elantis. Thanks! Good to know you have many of the delivery options I was considering!

Baditude- I really appreciate the detailed response. I love reading your responses and blog posts. All the detailed info you provide really helps newbies like me navigate the waters. I have learned so much from you!

Tommy Aces - ok, I'll put the AGA T2 purchase on hold for a bit while I research the RSST.

Anyone have any advice on which HH357 atomizer to buy? There are several and I don't want to order something incompatible.

Isn't vaping a blast? I never had this much fun smoking :laugh:

Many have a different preference than me, but I really like SmokTech tank cartos. Just make sure that you ordered the single coil tank replacements at 3.2ohm and not DUAL COIL 3.2ohm. You will pretty much never get anything near satisfactory vapor from. A 3ohm DC carto on anything that can't push well more than 6 volts.

Also, good choice with the IBT tanks. They're a good tank at a good price. Also, that 22mm tank will look amazing with your ProRing on!

Congrats on some great new gear!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread