Just ordered Blu -- oops

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowdown70

Jun 11, 2009
So I'm new to ECF (sup guys) and vaping and it looks like ordering from Blu may not have been the best choice.

I ordered the blu kit yesterday and looks like im not the first noob to be suckered so i dont feel so bad but i just want to start vaping and throw out the ash tray. This backorder crap happens to the one supplier that i just so happen to choose :-x

Ill just hold on and give it the ten days and then begin with the emails/calls

Willowsong

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2009
City of Lost Angels
Blu is a pretty decent product for the price and what comes with it I think. It's an excellent introduction to vaping if nothing else. It is probably the closest to re-creating the feel of a real cigarette that I have experienced being the identical size to a king size smoke.

If you want inexpensive, easy to find parts and don't mind a lot of fiddling - you might look into a 901. They are long considered the best for a n00b to vaping though I honestly hate mine and had it been my first one, I'd have gone back to analogs.

If you don't mind the idea of a manual battery (it has a little button on the side) I would suggest a 510. It still requires some fiddling, but it's incredibly consistent and the vapor from it feels the closest to analog smoke IMO.

There are some amazing mods out there as well - (I have my eye on a Janty Stick because I personally like its aesthetics) if you don't care about look and feel and want a battery with a longer life and more consistency than the cigarette styles and shapes can provide.

lowdown70

Jun 11, 2009
If you don't mind the idea of a manual battery (it has a little button on the side) I would suggest a 510. It still requires some fiddling, but it's incredibly consistent and the vapor from it feels the closest to analog smoke IMO.

This!
I was very concerned about the thickness of the smoke but it sounds like I should check out the 510.........so is this where google and I cross paths again or does anybody have a vendor they'd like to reccomend? :oops:

willsgirlie

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Fort Meade, Maryland
There is a whole list of suppliers on here. I got my 901 from e-smokeytreats.com ..that guy is great :) more than happy with him! they have 510s too. (I'm pretty sure) but it's the only person I've ever dealt with, so maybe other people have good suggestions too. I know the dealers from China are a lot cheaper.. not sure of the website though, ryuan something I believe.. hope that helps

Willowsong

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2009
City of Lost Angels
This!
I was very concerned about the thickness of the smoke but it sounds like I should check out the 510.........so is this where google and I cross paths again or does anybody have a vendor they'd like to reccomend? :oops:

There are some pics comparing the blu and a 901 and 510 here so you can see the size differences. The 510 is a bit thicker than an analog and with the manual swtich - you're not likely to let it hang out of yer mouth :D

I can PM you the name of a supplier I have had tremendous service from, if you wish.

Willowsong

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2009
City of Lost Angels
YouTube - terraphon's Channel

I have a heap of reviews there (including an Evo review, an 801 review and a 510 review) 901 review incoming and I have like...30 or so juice reviews up, too.

If you want to see how the units perform, have a look.

And Terraphon is definitely one of my favorite reviewers! The 510 review is worth watching, even if you don't want to buy one! :D:D

CZEdwards

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
Republic of Boulder
I guess you could call me a noob, too -- a month ago, I'd never heard of an ecig.

Blu introduced me to the concept. I ordered it, came here, found out about the long wait... and I ended up not canceling it anyway and it arrived today. In the meantime, I ordered a VX2 and a m401 from litecig (see the suppliers section. He's highly recommended by me!) To be perfectly honest, as I sit here vaping my new Blu, I'm not sure which device I like best. I like all three, but for different reasons.

The VX2 (aka J-118) and the 401 are a bit heavier and longer than a traditional cig, which actually means I have more to play with. (Oral fixation anyone? Oh, yes, that would be me...) The VX2, because it has a flat mouthpiece instead of a round one, is easier to hold between my teeth while I type. I like the flexibility of the m401 and how common it is. I'm not big on the m401's cartridges -- they're kind of a pain to get at and fill easily -- but I like the VX2 cartridge.

I also think the VX2 and 401 look more... elegant. They make my fingers look longer. (This may not be an issue for you, but I have random moments of vanity.)

I know I'll like the convenience of the Blu -- charging case, compact size, bright LED. I like the construction of the mouthpiece. Not highly impressed with the cart size or construction, but I think the Blu will be my clubbing vape, so this may not be as much of an issue. 5 carts and two batteries will get me through a night out.

I'm okay with having 3 different models and batteries and atomizers for all -- if one breaks down, I'm not lost; if one supplier fails, I'm not done. As long as I can fill, I'm fine.

If you can afford to hang on to the order, I'd say do so and also order something else from someone else. If you can't, then cancel and move on. I can't say anything about the 901 or the other models discussed above, but I can say that if I were just picking this up, I'd probably get a VX2 -- easier to fill, you're not going to be dripping yet anyway, good battery life and they now have charging cases. The 401 is great, but the VX2 is easy.

kevinallen

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Illinois
id recomment altsmoke.

i just ordered my 510 from there and the shipping was incredibly fast and customer service excellent.

i too made the mistake of ordering the blu. i canceled and used the money i got back on additions for my 510, especially after being on the blu forum and hearing that the second generation of blu which should be released in a month or 2 will be even better then the first. so i decided to wait

goodluck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread