Just Ordered SI VOLT! I am new and have some general questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

slyvest

Mar 2, 2012
new york
As stated Just ordered my First kit (my girl got me a horrible blu kit I dont count SHE TRIED). I got the volt kit with blanks. I also ordered 78ml of different juices from thevaporroom.net for $33 wich I thought was a good deal. I did alot of research over the past few days and noticed everyone raved about thevaporroom's juices so I will give it a try. Did I make a good choice with the juices? Are they good? also what are some other good company's I may want to try next? Also can I make my own juices I could swear I read somewhere I could get what I need from a micheals craft store and a pharmacy is this true?

Last edited:

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Hi. I don't know about the vaporroom. Never used them. But you can certainly make your own juice. If you absolutely had to you could get certain ingredients, maybe PG (propylene glycol) and definitely VG (vegetable glycerine) from a pharmcy or a craft store. But that's not the best place to get these items and the main ingredient, nicotine solution, won't be available in most retail stores. It would probably be best to get your PG and VG from the same place, online, as you get your nicotine. These vendors will also carry the equipment you need to measure and handle these ingredients.

There is an entire forum here for DIY. I strongly suggest that you spend some time there and research what is involved im making your own juice and handling raw nicotine solution. It's not difficult, but there are some things you have to know first to avoid problems and even injury. There are sources, reviews, recipes and even calculators to use in formulating juices.

I've been DIYing for a year or more now. It's fun and a very economical way to get your juice. But please take the time to learn how to do it safely. Good luck.

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
Out in the middle of Nowhere
You can get everything you need to DIY your own juice at www.ecigexpress.com
I'm referring you there because that's where I buy mine, and it has everything you need in one place.
I personally like that. Once you get to their site,

click on 'DIY Supplies' "Nicotine Base" this will take you where you can
order your nicotine base, anywhere from 1mg-60mg nicotine. ( You dilute the nicotine down with VG/PG BTW so I
normally buy the highest)

Next click on PG/VG bases. Here is where you buy your PG/VG....yes you can buy them MAYBE locally at WalMart etc, just be
SURE they are USP PG or VG!

DYI Supplies..bottles. You can buy the bottles to hold your ejuice here, or probably somewhere locally.

DYI Supplies Flavorings. Here is where you shop for your flavorings! The really fun part. Be sure to pick up some Sweetner!

The gloves and syringes you can buy locally. You need syringes to measure your PG and VG. (Atleast at the start, you'll
want to start off with fairly small quanities until you find out what you like)

Here is the calculator I always use to figure out how much of what to put in.
E-Liquid Recipe Mixing Calculator
I'll tell you now, that under the "Water/AlcoholPGA" is NOT where you put how much PG/VG you think you need
(That's what I thought until I found out that some people add water or Pure Grade Alcohol in their juice! Dah! lol!

You want your flavorings to be somewhere around 10-20% of the total.

If you have any questions when you get around to trying DYI just give me a PM and I'll help you as much as I can.
Happy Vaping!!

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio
Hi and welcome! There are lots of sites that sell ejuice. ECBlend E-Liquids - Something Better is one that lets you choose your custom blend and mixes it for you. There prices are good too. (No affiliation) Check out the diy section for info on supplies and sites for making your own. Good luck finding your one true flavor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread