Just ordered the Lady Pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapor Fiend

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2009
Cali4nia
Don't let all these bad posts discourage you. These people could have just gotten bad models or weren't using fully charged batteries. I too just got a lady or MINI-pipe and it's been working just fine.

Mine came with a charger with no markings on which direction to put the batteries. I asked someone and they told me the notched side of the battery goes toward the LED of the charger.

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
Fully charged battery, top'd off cart, same juice I use in my 801. It produces some vapor if I puff on it, but just about nothing comes out when I exhale. Been that way since the beginning. Tried cleaning (water, vodka, dry burn, and dripping) but no luck.

Same with my cigar. I think it's the low bridge on the atty.

It's a mystery because that certainly isn't what most of us seem to have found with the mini pipe attys and carts ...it vapes like a steam train for a couple of days and is almost the perfect vaping experience but then the loss of performance is terrible. If I was rich enough I would simply replace the atty every couple of days. Oh and I vape about 3 to 4 ml of juice a day.

Last edited:

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
Beantown, USA
i just ordered the lady pipe, i had read some reviews and they seem mostly positive. Hope I love it. MVS has them on sale. I need to get a job to support this habit

Don't Worry, The Mini-Pipe Is Great!

Just Be sure to use fully charged batteries & charge them frequently (4 to 6) hours, get some spare batts as well. Be carefull to not overfill or flood it, add a drop of VG juice to the cart & go! :D

A lot of people complaining are not doing the above and doing cleanings that are ruining the atoms. Once in a while just rinse the atom in warm water, let it dry, add 3 drops to prime it, puff slow for 1st 10 puffs to allow the juice to get in and then its all set to go! :cool:

One more tip, leave the atom upside down when not in use so it won't get flooded. ;-)

Enjoy your new mini-pipe! :D

~Keep Vapin~!

GrimmGreen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2009
Carson City, Nevada, United States
well... i guess i must have bad luck , the 5 attys that came with my lady pipe are all horrible , with the exception of 1 that works just ok. Decent vapor , no flavor or throat hit... i never flood the attys , or overfill my carts , i have 4 batteries so I'm always using a charged battery. believe me , I'm not giving up on it , I'm hoping to get a good atomzier for it from EastMall soon but my hopes are low on ever enjoying the ladypipe

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
well... i guess i must have bad luck , the 5 attys that came with my lady pipe are all horrible , with the exception of 1 that works just ok. Decent vapor , no flavor or throat hit... i never flood the attys , or overfill my carts , i have 4 batteries so I'm always using a charged battery. believe me , I'm not giving up on it , I'm hoping to get a good atomzier for it from EastMall soon but my hopes are low on ever enjoying the ladypipe

Well unless your charger isn't charging the batteries to the full 4.1 or 4.2 volts your pipe should work the same as mine, so it must be variations in batches of atomizers. All the ones I purchased came from the same uk supplier and they were all absolutely brilliant when new. I had four batteries and two chargers. They always charged to those voltages.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009

I can back Pete up 100%....my experience is exactly like his...my atomizers worked brilliantly for about 2 days and then they would die off. I had one atty that lasted a week but the other ones lasted at most three days. I went through 11 attys in a month. I was using about 4-5ml of liquid a day. So I was vaping very heavy with them but still they should have at least lasted 10 days each. While they last they produce great vapor and probably the best taste out of any atomizer.

Grimm...Are you getting enough airflow? Some times cutting notches on the band of the atomizer makes a huge difference.

Well unless your charger isn't charging the batteries to the full 4.1 or 4.2 volts your pipe should work the same as mine, so it must be variations in batches of atomizers. All the ones I purchased came from the same uk supplier and they were all absolutely brilliant when new. I had four batteries and two chargers. They always charged to those voltages.

Pete could our bowls be the problem? When I purchased my minipipes I also bought BE112 attys....they worked horribly with the minipipe....everything tasted like vaping burnt rubber. It could be coincidence but what are the chances I got a bad batch of minipipe attys and BE112 attys at the same time?

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
I can back Pete up 100%....my experience is exactly like his...my atomizers worked brilliantly for about 2 days and then they would die off. I had one atty that lasted a week but the other ones lasted at most three days. I went through 11 attys in a month. I was using about 4-5ml of liquid a day. So I was vaping very heavy with them but still they should have at least lasted 10 days each. While they last they produce great vapor and probably the best taste out of any atomizer.

Grimm...Are you getting enough airflow? Some times cutting notches on the band of the atomizer makes a huge difference.

Pete could our bowls be the problem? When I purchased my minipipes I also bought BE112 attys....they worked horribly with the minipipe....everything tasted like vaping burnt rubber. It could be coincidence but what are the chances I got a bad batch of minipipe attys and BE112 attys at the same time?
Hi edo...It's quite amazing just how identical our experiences with the mini pipe are!! lol.
A couple of people have suggested a problem with the bowl but as far as my knowledge of electronics goes, I really can't see how. It would only make some sense to me if the atties didn't work properly from new but like you say they allways work so perfectly for a couple of days.
The only thing I can think with the BE 112 atty is that perhaps they don't like the 4.1 volts.

Last edited:

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Pete...I am going to order m201 attys for my minipipe and see if they work better. You might wonder why m201 attys....well the m401 attys I'v had ....have lasted me on average of one and a half months. Like you I am an atomizer killer....the 401s are the only attys that I have had that lasted more than a week on average. I figure the m201s are just as good. I don;t know if they will work with the minipipe...but there is only one way to find out. I'll let you know how they turn out.

GrimmGreen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2009
Carson City, Nevada, United States

on 3 of the 5 atomizers i think i'm getting TOO MUCH airflow , the one that works well has a medium type draw , the ones that don't work have a very very easy draw , and also make a loud swooshing sound much like the new e-smokeytreats 801 atomizer i just got... that also doesn't work on any of my penstyle batteries OR the lady pipe , i'm hoping it will work on my Puresmoker passthrough that should be coming soon

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
on 3 of the 5 atomizers i think i'm getting TOO MUCH airflow , the one that works well has a medium type draw , the ones that don't work have a very very easy draw , and also make a loud swooshing sound much like the new e-smokeytreats 801 atomizer i just got... that also doesn't work on any of my penstyle batteries OR the lady pipe , i'm hoping it will work on my Puresmoker passthrough that should be coming soon

OK...now that is definitely wrong...the minipipe attys should have a hard draw...compared to 801 attys. I don;t think the problem are the attys but rather the bowl. When you put it on 801 batteries then there should be no draw at all. BUt if you put notches on the band of the minipipe atty it should work with 801 batteries...so don;t throw them away. JUst sacrifice one of the ones that don't work well and put nothces on it's band and see if it works with your 801 batteries or the passthrough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread