Status
Not open for further replies.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
That depends on the device. I have a Raven tank that works well at 4 or 4.5 watts. T3s are good around 6 or 7 watts. Protanks work well at 5 to 6 watts. Coil resistance doesn't seem to matter all that much, at least to me. It's more a factor of how well things wick.

These are my results only and are not meant as "the only wattage to use these devices at". Everyone has different tastes and results.

Trayce

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Multiversal
I'm still experimenting with rebuilding heads so everything is always shifting ohms-wise and wick-wise and even wire-wise... went from silica to cotton... then tried a standard coil, the vertical microcoil, and the horizontal microcoil... 30g kanthal, 32g k., tried fluffy cotton wicks, then twisted wicks... larger coils wraps, smaller coil wraps....

But what I find is that I'm not a "set it and forget it" vaper. Even when a head's hitting great, to me the sweet spot shifts depending on if the mod is cold or gets cold (might click it up a step if only taking a vape every few minutes, or when I first pick up the mod), or if I'm chain-vaping I might click it down a step or even two once it's really warm and I'm hitting it hard.

Also the Captain Black NET that gunks up my IGO-L dripper... I sometimes start out at 5.5w with a fresh coil and wick and end up kicking that way up as I go along during the night and the coil gets gunky... sometimes get as high as 11w before quitting and tossing the coil.

But mostly I vape between 5w - 7w, probably.

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread