Just over a month cig free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shae McAualy

Jun 9, 2015
Hi everyone. Thought I may as well write down my experience with smoking and vaping as an introductory.

I hadn't smoke for that long or as much compared to a lot of people here, only a 1 - 3 a day, unless I had a busy day at work or it was the weekend, for around 2 years. But a few months after I graduated high school (I graduated 2012, this would have been in March 2013), my girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me (on the day of our 3 year anniversary actually). I'm sure some of you can relate to the loss of your first serious boyfriend/girlfriend, so I was pretty depressed. (Of course you learn to realise that it was a pretty crappy relationship anyway)

So cut to a couple of months later, i'm still broken hearted, especially when she started dating that new guy she met in University who quote "She would never consider dating". I'm with a couple of mates of mine and another 2 I hadn't met before, we're already pretty drunk and getting ready to walk to the park (Because that's what teens do, and we still do this). So they starting rolling some smokes and they asked if I wanted one, at first I declined, which they were fine with, there was no peer pressuring or anything. But after a few minutes of the visions of my ex running through my head, I said ".... it, sure roll me one" and that was my first cigarette.

Cut again to just over a month ago, I make the decision to start looking into those vaporizer things, i'd seen occasionally, because I could tell that my general fitness level had definitely gone down, out of breath and all that. I find a website that ships to Australia for an alright price and seemed pretty good, (it's called Vaper Empire if anyone is interested) and I ordered a starter set that contained 2 batteries (650mAh), 2 clearomisers and all the other bits and pieces, I also got a few flavours at 6mg.

I was very excited when it arrived and got into it straight away, trying the tobacco flavour. While I was a bit disapointed in the flavour (For some reason I was expecting it to taste the same as a cigarette), I still thought that it was pretty good, I think it was when I tried the mango flavour in the 2nd clearomiser, that I realised, I loved this. I did a bunch more research on vaporizing and was a bit surprised to find out how long it had been around for, as well as how much of community it had. I guess it just hasn't taken as much in Australia.

I also soon discovered how much variety there is, I originally was put off by it in my initial research because it all seemed so complicated, with the different wattages, resistances, steeping and all that. But after learning a bit more and hearing good things about Nautilus tanks, I decided I wanted to see the difference between the ones I had and better brands. Not that there is anything wrong with the clearomisers I got, they are great as a starter kit.

So I ordered myself a Nautilus mini, with the Aspire CF VV+ 1000MAH battery and an extra tank (I like to have one tank with creamy coffee and tobacco flavours and the other for fruity, sweet flavours) . Don't know why I didn't order an extra battery at the same time, because now i'm waiting for them to get more in stock. But as soon as it arrived, I knew I would be quitting cigs for good, the adjustable airflow and wattage are amazing, really sealed the deal for me.

Wow that is a wall of text, thanks to anyone that actually bothers reading it all. Since I stopped smoking I am already feeling better and trying to convince my girlfriend and friends to switch over as well.

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Peoples' Bucolic Republic of Maine
Welcome, Shae, and Congratulations!
All's well that ends well. You seem to have switched to a better passtime, and have (If I've understood your last sentence correctly) a newer, better model girlfriend.

The variety of vape gear is astonishing. There seems to be a rig for every budget and taste. When I started, less than two years ago, there was some "entry level" stuff that wasn't very satisfying, and lots of very costly high end gear. Now there is a huge selection in between.

For what little it may be worth, I'll sing the praises of what is working well for me now. (prices are USD, and don't include shipping.). These are not "better" than what you have, but might be of interest in the future.
Eleaf iStick 30 watt. ~$31 to $35. vv/vw small box mod.
Innokin Cool fire IV. About $35. 40 watt vv/vw. small box mod.
Eleaf GS Air. ~$10. capacity about 2.5 ml
GS Air M ~$10. capacity 4 ml
Whatever battery/mod you may use, those two little clearomizer tanks are great!

Enjoy the journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread