Just purchased a ProVape-1 but... problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HyOnLyph

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hi... I just purchased a new ProVape-1.
I love the feel of this thing. I like everything about it as far as look, feel, size etc.

I seem to be having a problem. I've noticed that I actually get more vapor and a hotter vapor out of my old eGo using the exact same cartomizer with the exact same juice. I use a 2 ohm dually.
The batteries are new and fully charged. And I've changed batteries. The button seems to be working consistently.

Is it possible that I'm not getting a good connection? I'm sure the carto is tight and I really don't want to crank it down too hard. Do some cartos fit differently? I've tried a few different cartos on it including an LR 306 atty.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Dalton63841

Moved On
Feb 14, 2011
Maine
Bear in mind that I don't know much about the eGo, but perhaps when the eGo was fully charged it was at 4-4.2v and slowly ramped down to a 3.7v nominal. The Provape-1 on the other hand is regulated at 3.7v. IF that is the case, the the eGo would give you a better hit, until the point the battery dropped to 3.7v. Perhaps checking with a multimeter is in order.

Again this is all just my thoughts.

Dalton63841

Moved On
Feb 14, 2011
Maine
I believe Ego's usually are truely only 3.4V, so what is happening to you doesn't make much sense. My Provape-1 always felt like it hit stronger and hotter then my Ego's. Hopefully someone from Provape will be able to give you a better answer.

3.4v? Wow...my girlfriends Riva meters 4v on a fresh battery...

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
Congrats on your new ProVape-1

I have 2 ProVape-1's and I love them. If I'm awake, they are attached to my body.

Please do contact ProVape. I had many questions and concerns before and after my purchase. They responded quickly. They kept responding to every one of my many questions. I can not say enough positive things about my ProVape-1 OR the company. Top notch all the way.

Paula

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
Difference in performance?
Do you mean between my 2 Pro-Vape 1's?
Or do you mean between my Pro-Vape1 and my Riva?
My 2 Pro-Vape1's hit exactly the same, each time, every time.

My Riva hits nice when I take it off the charger and performance drops considerably as I use it. I've had it awhile and probably should get a new one.

If Pro-Vape is telling you to exchange for a different unit OR to opt for a refund, then that is where I would be focusing my attention. They know their product. They know when it is working properly and when it is defective. They build a top quality product and they take a great deal of pride in the products they put on the market. They do NOT want you to have a product that is not performing the way it should perform.

So if they have told you to return it for exchange or refund, that is what they think is the best course of action for your unit. I would take what they say seriously. I would not want to spend my money on something that is not, "all it should be" and I don't think they want you to spend your money on something that 'may' have a problem. Let them check it out.

Pick yourself up an eGo or Riva (or something) so you have something to use while your Pro-Vape1 is in transit and getting checked out.

Hope this helps a little,
Paula

Have u noticed a difference in performance? I'm thinking maybe I just got one with a bad connection. ProVape can't help except for exchange or refund.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

HyOnLyph

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Just thought I'd update this thread to let y'all know what I found out. First off.... It was not the fault of the PV-1.
I've been trying to figure this out for weeks. So today I thought... well I'm just gonna have to live with it or return it. But I love this thing.
I've been using brand new TrustFire batteries. Measuring at least 4.2 when charged. That could be the problem.

So today I came across an old UltraFire battery that I had. I charged it up and decided to drop it in the PV-1. BOOM. All the difference in the world. Tons of vapor and heat and flavor. So I recharged the brand new TrustFires... both of them. They measured 4.2-4.3 fresh. Same problem ... both batteries. Looked for another old 14500 NOT TrustFire. AGAIN... great vapor.

I would have never thought it was the brand new TrustFire batteries. I'm pretty new to this whole mod thing so I don't know much about batteries. The old batteries I had were given to me with a home made box mod.

So..... Happy Days.... the PV-1 seems to be working like a champ. I'm sure glad I didn't give up on it. Did I say .... I love this thing!!!

oh.. btw.... cudos to the guys at ProVape. They've been so patient with me through all of this. David, Thank you.

Last edited:

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Sounds to me like you bought some of the fake Trustfires. This isn't your fault. Are the batteries that you have black flame jacketed that you're having problems with? If so, trash them unless you want to peel the jacket back and see exactly what you have. I bet the volts aren't 3.7. Cozzicon did a video about them. Apparently, fakes were sent out and it sounds like they are still in the loop. Check them out, contact the vendor you bought them from so they get off their shelves, then trash them unless the vendor wants you to send them back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread