Just purchased a Volcano Magma, questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcwest

Verified Member
Mar 26, 2010
Honeoye Falls, NY
I Purchased my first E-cig about 2 weeks ago, completely quit analogs with this. I'm just curious on how i could refill cartridges instead of ordering them from the company. Can i reuse the ones i got with my E-cig starter kit or should/can i order blanks? I just don't know which ones are compatible with the magma. I believe is a 510 model.
Also, there are so many sites which offer a wide variety of e-liquid, but i can't sort out who has the best price and flavor. I'm just looking to get the most of decent quality for my money. Thanks.

Remrey

Apr 6, 2010
Oregon, IL
www.twitter.com
The Volcano Magma looks like a 510.
But, I can't say for sure that the 510 carts will fit on it.

You should be able to reuse what you have though:

Grab a pair of tweezers and pull out the wool filter inside of the cart.
Rinse it out with some tap water.
Then pat it dry with a paper towel.
Stuff the wool back into the cart.

Then they should be set to refill with some juice.

Last edited:

pdssoft

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Michigan, USA
Use hot (very hot) water on the filler, you can also try soaking in vodka...

510 Carts do not fit properly, they are too loose on the atty. As far as I know, Volcano is not yet selling blank carts for the Magma so you'll have to re-use the ones that came with the unit.

One thing regarding cart refilling and savings... I used to smoke a pack a day, that cost me around $6.00 where I'm from. I can get a pack of 5 carts from Volcano for about $3.00. (bulk order, free shipping over $100). And I don't go through all 5 in one day. It appears to me just by buying stock carts I am still saving 50%.

Anyway... good luck to you!

Calicomarie

Mar 12, 2010
Omaha, NE
The Magma is a 510 and you can use 510 accessories on the attys. The threading is the same.

From my understanding, the cart design is a bit different from the Joye 510 carts. For one, they apparently hold more juice. My only 510 is my Magma, so I can't say for certain.

The Magma carts are easy to mod using blue foam, Pyramid Tea Bags, Buff Puff, whatever. Check the Volcano forum for ideas from other Magma users and poke around the cartridge mod section of this forum for ideas. Just about anything that has been tried can be tried on these carts.

Also try dripping once you have ordered juice from somewhere, just be careful since you have auto batteries. The magma manual batteries should be for sale in the next week or so, or pick up a 510 manual from a different seller ( I got one from Litecigusa.net and love it).

As for juice, you really should just start ordering to find out what you like. If you don't mind the chinese made juices, you can find them cheap a lot of places. After trying American mixed/made juice, the china made ones just seem nasty to me. American made/mixed is slightly more expensive, but if you like it and will use it then it is worth it. Eliquidplanet and volcano are teamed up, and you can get 15% off by clicking on the eliquidplanet banner ad on the Volcano homepage. I haven't tried them yet, but if you want to get a sampler pack and try american made in the same order they carry those items. There is a trade section on the volcano forum and here if you order something you don't like.

There really isn't a best flavor or supplier, if depends on your tastes and needs. I've ordered from MyFreedomSmokes, Litecigusa, Johnson's Creek, Liquidexpress, strictlyejuice, and just today from tastyvapor. They all have their strengths and weaknesses, so keep trying new things until you find what works best for you.

welcome to vaping!

Darrian

Apr 8, 2010
I just got a Magma too, but I used up the 5 carts I ordered very quickly and I'm waiting for the blue foam to show up in the mail so I can repack them (I just ordered a pack of chocolate since they aren't selling blanks yet).

I've tried several different liquid suppliers. I love Volcano, but I don't care for eliquidplanet at all and I'm disappointed that they chose them to partner with. Tasty Vapor is by far the best liquid supplier I've found yet.

fenez

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2009
N.Y
I just got a Magma too, but I used up the 5 carts I ordered very quickly and I'm waiting for the blue foam to show up in the mail so I can repack them (I just ordered a pack of chocolate since they aren't selling blanks yet).

I've tried several different liquid suppliers. I love Volcano, but I don't care for eliquidplanet at all and I'm disappointed that they chose them to partner with. Tasty Vapor is by far the best liquid supplier I've found yet.
It kind of seems strange that you would slam a supplier in your fist post, but since I use eliquidplanet.com product I will say this I have been using their stuff for over a year without any problems and have even stopped by to see the guys from time to time and they couldn't be nicer or more helpful, what exactly is the problem you had with them?

dj_stabby

Feb 20, 2010
Hawaii

I'd like to point out here that the flavors in volcano/magma carts are NOT eliquidplanet flavors. I go to the store all the time and have talked with the guys there and I was curious about it so I asked. Anyway, to the OP, using the PTB mod has worked well, but it hasn't had any major advantaged over the stock filler. As someone has said, just yank it our rinse it really well and then fill the cart up again.

Darrian

Apr 8, 2010
Hmm, maybe I shouldn't bother replying at this point, but I guess better late than never. I didn't imagine anybody would reply to my post specifically so I forgot about it.

I don't have any problem with eliquidplanet's customer service or anything like that. I have yet to encounter any "unfriendly" liquid suppliers, actually. I just didn't like the taste of their liquids. Of course, it's not like I ordered their entire catalog, I just picked 4 flavors I thought I would like and was utterly disappointed. Maybe they've improved since then, that was months ago now, but you know what they say about first impressions. And yes, I'm well aware that ELP liquid is not the same as what Volcano sells. The only prefilled carts I've ever ordered from Volcano was a pack of 5 chocolate, which I emptied and refilled with my own liquids; at the time they didn't have blanks in stock yet. The Magma was my 3rd e-cig. I've pretty much been refilling my own carts from the beginning and I'd doing it for a few months when I originally posted.

It wasn't my intention to "slam" ELP with my first post. I'd been lurking here for a while, but the 5 posts for "noobs" rule kept me from contributing to any topic I actually had something to say in for quite a while. I guess this was the first thread I had advice to contribute and was able to post in. Everybody's tastes are different, so just because I didn't care for their product doesn't mean somebody else won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread