Just putting it out there..shipping to Hawaii..

Status
Not open for further replies.

iBANKAI

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2010
Hawaii
Just putting it out there..shipping to Hawaii is not a different price IF you use a small box priority mail..shipping with conformation is always gonna $5.90...unless your shipping out something really heavy..just putting it out there..Hawaii is a state..and USPS does not have different prices for Hawaii for flat rate shipping..once again..just putting it out there.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
That's correct. I sell on iOffer and eBay so I know this to be fact.

If I ever offer something in the classies that you'd like, please let me know. I know I've always said the lower 48 states but to me that means all US states. Sorry if I ever turned you away because of my description. In the future, PM me anyways.

wickd6

Apr 25, 2011
Anchorage, AK
Agree 100%
I live in Alaska and have had similar experiences with different shipments that i receive.
I simply ask the individual to check with USPS and confirm shipping charges and then they will ship. I also get a little put off when people advertise items and put "lower 48 only". Its not just here by any means. Its happens at many different establishments.
I always go for priority shipping when available just for this reason.

iBANKAI

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2010
Hawaii
That's correct. I sell on iOffer and eBay so I know this to be fact.

If I ever offer something in the classies that you'd like, please let me know. I know I've always said the lower 48 states but to me that means all US states. Sorry if I ever turned you away because of my description. In the future, PM me anyways.

not a problem..hehehehehe..just thought I'd inform the members..

iBANKAI

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2010
Hawaii
Agree 100%
I live in Alaska and have had similar experiences with different shipments that i receive.
I simply ask the individual to check with USPS and confirm shipping charges and then they will ship. I also get a little put off when people advertise items and put "lower 48 only". Its not just here by any means. Its happens at many different establishments.
I always go for priority shipping when available just for this reason.

yeah..this happens a lot..eBay is understandable if I'm buying large items or heavy items because we don't have ground shipping..this thread is just way of saying.."...don't be afraid of the outer 2.."

billo

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Wesley Chapel, FL
Just one thing to clarify. I have a mail-order business (not ecigs) and ship almost everything UPS. UPS picks up every day. UPS is a lot more expensive to Hawaii and AK, so these have to go via the post office.

To ship via the post office requires a separate trip and standing in line, etc. So, it is not inexpensive for me to ship that way when time is considered. This is why some companies may give you a hard time.

Actually, I'd ship everything via the post office but they will not pick up packages, like UPS does, without a ridiculous charge.$15 a day, or package, I'm not sure. Don't know why they insist on losing all that business.

iBANKAI

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2010
Hawaii
Just one thing to clarify. I have a mail-order business (not ecigs) and ship almost everything UPS. UPS picks up every day. UPS is a lot more expensive to Hawaii and AK, so these have to go via the post office.

To ship via the post office requires a separate trip and standing in line, etc. So, it is not inexpensive for me to ship that way when time is considered. This is why some companies may give you a hard time.

Actually, I'd ship everything via the post office but they will not pick up packages, like UPS does, without a ridiculous charge.$15 a day, or package, I'm not sure. Don't know why they insist on losing all that business.

yeah..ups is expensive..they should do that flat rate like USPS..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread