just rebuilt my mini vivi nova for a second time and it tastes burnt

Status
Not open for further replies.

v1kingfan

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2013
wisconin,usa
Take it apart again and inspect the inside of the rubber insulator. If you see burn marks, that's likley your source of burnt taste. Try rebuilding with NR legs on the ends of your wires. Good luck!
I'm still new to this. HOw would I go about rebuilding with NR legs? Do I need different wire than my 2mm kanthal? Also what is the rubber insulator?

Last edited:

v1kingfan

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2013
wisconin,usa
i have rebuilt a vivi nova atomizer head. there are tons of videos on youtube. i'm sure a video will explain a lot better than us typing.

just my opinion i hate my vivi nova tank, even rebuilt heads were crap, so i went with bcc mainly protanks. but again that is just my opinion.
Yea i might agree with you there. It was the worst tank i've had when I first got it. I stopped using it after the first tank. Now, I've been trying to learn to rebuild and I was told it was an easy rebuild and it made the vivi nova worth using. Now apparently I'm experiencing problems still. I wish there was a way to fix the rubber gromet burning so my money didn't go to waste.

KTark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2012
New Hampshire, USA
The insulator is what you guessed. It's the small rubber sleeve that you used to keep your positive and negative leads from touching when you rebuilt the head. You can buy NR wire, I use silver wire. You would just attach a small lead of it to the positive and negative ends.

You may find it more trouble than it is worth. I no longer use vivi novas, and the inconsistent burnt taste is one of the reasons why.

If you're already starting to rebuild coils, I would keep browsing this sub forum if I were you. RBA are now exploding in the marketplace. A year ago they were fairly expensive if you wanted a decent one. Now there are many solid, serviceable ones for sale at really decent prices.

As others have pointed out, if you are set on the vivi nova, there are many YouTube rebuild videos you could browse. I'm sure some of them deal with nr legs.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread