Status
Not open for further replies.

VaporWebHQ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
Pittsburgh
www.vaporwebhq.com
Thank you all that replied to my post asking about RDA's and helped me decided which one to get.

I just received my Magma clone today (Paradigm because infinity was out of stock) and made my first coil and instantly fell in love lol.. I also got a Kayfun Lite Plus clone by Ehpro but I have not tried messing with it yet until I watch a video on how to use it.

I made one slight mistake on my order and got 28 gauge Kanthal which I should have gotten maybe 30 gauge since I use a Vamo V-2 I want to build about a 2.1 ohm coil. I did build a 2.1 ohm coil but it took quite a few wraps. I made it I guess what you call a nano coil? Its like 10 wraps really tight. It works but the lag between when I hit the button and when the coil gets hot enough to vape is just way to long.

I think I'm going to order some thinner Kanthal here and use that instead of the 28 gauge. The wicking material I got is Japanese Cotton and its working great.

One thing I noticed tho is there is condensation building up in my Magma and also once in a while when I vape it there is a Pop sound.

I think I might eventually get a 50w box mod and go all out but for now I just don't have that kind of money so the Vamo will have to do. I also got some 35amp efest 18650 batteries with my order so when I do get a 50w mod I have some batteries for it and I can use them on my vamo also because my current batteries are very old and don't hold a charge well.

I would like to try some new juices though because I have been using the same exact flavor of juice from the same seller for 2 years and nothing else lol.. I'm just afraid to buy a juice and not like it and have wasted that money. I use Ikenvapes RY4 i get the PG and VG and mix them 50/50. I would like to try some different flavors from somewhere but I don't know where..

Anyways I just wanted to say that I'm really glad that I got my first RDA and its great! Now I home my Kayfun works well since I have not tried it yet.

I'm curious how was you guys first experience with an RDA?

Sthur

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Denver
The magma on a vamo you need to stay at 1.3 ohms or above. Try a single 28 gauge at 1.4 ohms and crank it up all the way till you get a mech to run dual coils.

As for KFL run a 1.4 microcoil with 28 and 7 wraps around 5/64 bit and will be great with japan cotton.

I am running this build in my KFL and 30 watt device.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
<snip> I also got some 35amp efest 18650 batteries with my order so when I do get a 50w mod I have some batteries for it and I can use them on my vamo also because my current batteries are very old and don't hold a charge well.
EFEST
Just an FYI.

If your batteries are the purple Efest 18650 2500mAh 35A batteries -- they are not 35A continuous. They are really rebranded LG18650HE2 2500mAh 20 amp continuous batteries.
Source: Baditudes Blog: Battery Basics for Mods: IMR or Protected ICR?

Here is another warning that was posted on ECF regarding another purple Efest battery: Efest 3100mAh battery caution

VaporWebHQ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
Pittsburgh
www.vaporwebhq.com
Thank you I just bookmarked that. I wanted to get the Sony VTC battery but the place I ordered everything from Eciggity was out of stock. Even though its only 20a it should be way more than enough for on my vv/vw vamo but when I get my 50w box mod I will have to make sure I don't over draw it. Thank you for telling me that.

EFEST
Just an FYI.

If your batteries are the purple Efest 18650 2500mAh 35A batteries -- they are not 35A continuous. They are really rebranded LG18650HE2 2500mAh 20 amp continuous batteries.
Source: Baditudes Blog: Battery Basics for Mods: IMR or Protected ICR?

Here is another warning that was posted on ECF regarding another purple Efest battery: Efest 3100mAh battery caution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread