Just received my Provari. Are batteries pre-charged?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I'm guessing no, but this is the first time I've ever purchased re-chargeable batteries except for the ones inside my Ego.
Also, I have both 18490 and 18650 sized AW batts. Anybody know how long they take to charge?
I can't wait to get my lips on this thing! lol

They should have some charge to them, but I'd put them on the charger first....lol
Probably around 1 1/2 hrs or so... for the 18490.. but it depends on what kind of charger you have.

you are gonna love it.....I do...

:)

Jiggity-J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Long Beach, Ca
Congrats on the ProVari! For some reason, most, if not all the batteries that I purchased came charged, especially the ones from ProVape. I know they recommend to charge before using, but I used them(impatient) and lasted as long as if they were fully charged. They don't take long to charge anyways, so follow official instructions and not me:D Enjoy your ProVari!

Maximillian

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2011
Nebraska
Heyas Carless,

You've probably already charged that batt, but... lol :p

I have 3 trustfire tr-001 chargers that I've recieved in different kits now, so those are all I use to charge my vaping batts. The first time I charged the aw imr 18650 I ordered with my provari, I think it took 2-3 hours to charge. I was suprised how long it took, in any case.

I'd read somewhere that if you charge 2 batts at once on a 2 channel charger, it can take longer than charging a single batt. Not sure if that's true. However, the 18650's definately take a long time to charge. I ordered an additional 18650 and 2 18490's from super t manufactering (great vendor for batts btw) and charged them all right off. Not sure what charge they came with, but I put both the 18490's on 1 charger and the 18650 by itself on another charger. Both the 18490's were fully charged fairly quickly, and the 18650 took several hours, once again.

Hope you like your provari. I really love mine. Just feels so solid in my hand. The fire button is a bit stiffer than I'm used to, so that took some time for me to get comfortable with, but now it's my favorite vape for at home (I don't take the provari out with me. I use the lt for on the go). Strangely enough, I find I prefer the provari with the 18490 and normal end cap to the 18650 and extended cap. I just like the way it fits in my hand better. And since I only use it at home, the batt charge life is never an issue.

What finish/led did you get? I ordered a bruiser.

:D

Happy vaping

Maximillian the Mostly Mischievious

Carless

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Valdosta, GA
use the cb function on the unit :p some are fully charged, some might not be.

I actually thought about doing that AFTER I charged the batteries. lol.
They only took a little over an hour to charge, though. Not too bad.
I'm still amazed by the weight of this thing, but love vaping with it. It's great to be able to change the volts on the fly for a stronger or weaker vape and to have so much control over how power is supplied to the atty/carto/etc..

rogue44status

Nov 29, 2011
bristol VA
ive had my provari for a little over a week now and i love it , the thing is heavy and durable i know its durable because i did drop it , and it bouced off my bed and landed on the hardwood floor.. the only thing that happend was the boge carto snapped in half at the threads but the provari was still kickin lol you should has seen my omfg face tho when i dropped it. but back on topic watch out on the charger that provape sends with the package , mine seems to have bent the bottom connection on my battey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread