Just received my V2!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

unkuser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
New Yawk
Well, well. I received my V2 about 2 hours ago.... and...

It's a lot smaller than I expected. I thought it would be fatter...nope thinner. Taller..nope shorter.
It's feels really nice to hold and to look. Very good craftsmanship. It's feels like I am holding a mini Jedi light saber.

Vapor production?? amazing.. It makes a big difference compared to 3.7. Now I know what everybody is talking about. 5V is the way and only way to vape.

Now I have read many complains about the button. It's too early for me to give a conclusion about this. Will have to wait and pray my doesn't break. It does feel a little fragile. I sort of feel the button should not be protruding so much out. I would rather have a mini button like the original buttons from a KR808 battery. That's just my taste.

One complain I have is where is those wonderful LED lights? If the V2 had a tiny led light or around the connector it would be amazing. Maybe an led that spins around the head when it's activated..something to tell me the thing is activated.

Overall I would give this a device an 8.5 out of 10 or a A-

So far I am very satisfied. :)

jova3

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
El Paso currently
when they were making the V1 they included an LED light, but it made the unit about a cm longer.

As far as the button, I had complaints at first. It was like every other press was a dry fire and I was just sucking air. After about a week it went away. I don't know if it's the muscle memory of pressing the button just right to make it work or the button had some sort of break in time, but it works every time for me now.

BrockJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
Dallas, Texas
when they were making the V1 they included an LED light, but it made the unit about a cm longer.

The V1's never had an LED.

I would rather have a mini button like the original buttons from a KR808 battery. That's just my taste.
They got away from electrical buttons and went full mechanical.
Those little buttons wouldn't last that long and they take a printed circuit board to run them. Just one more thing to fail and more room for the board and electronics

One complain I have is where is those wonderful LED lights? If the V2 had a tiny led light or around the connector it would be amazing. Maybe an led that spins around the head when it's activated..something to tell me the thing is activated.
Again, a circuit board and wiring that can fail, additional room.

Most people that spend the money on a custom PV expect it to last forever and have the least amount of problems (even though 5 - 901 batteries cost as much as the V2 and are thrown away in 6 months, are easily shorted out due to liquid leaking into them and are fragile as a butterfly wing).

I think the Upcoming Prestige is suppose to have whirling LEDs and a touch sensor switch. There are rumors of a permanent, frequency driven atomizer that never needs replacing. *What I've heard*

Welcome to the PS family.
The V2 should serve you well. Just gotta clean it every now and then.
Also helps to put / keep some silver conducting grease on the spring to batt, batt to switch and switch to adapter contacts. Just a little bit. Don't wanna glob it on.

nycvandal

Jan 14, 2010
staten island
Welcome to the PS family.
The V2 should serve you well. Just gotta clean it every now and then.
Also helps to put / keep some silver conducting grease on the spring to batt, batt to switch and switch to adapter contacts. Just a little bit. Don't wanna glob it on.[/QUOTE]

i just recieved my PS V2 and PS Passthru today. the batteries are on the charger and waiting to try out the V2. the passthru is amazing and can't imagine what the V2 will be like. do you have an exact brand of silver conducting grease you recommend?

GregH

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2009
Georgia USA
i just recieved my PS V2 and PS Passthru today. the batteries are on the charger and waiting to try out the V2. the passthru is amazing and can't imagine what the V2 will be like. do you have an exact brand of silver conducting grease you recommend?

Here's the brand recommended in another thread. I'm using it on my Protege and V2.

Amazon.com: Noalox® Anti-oxidant Compound (4 Oz. Bottle): Electronics

I got mine at Lowe's in the electrical section. A little seems to go a long way.

And congratulations on your new V2. Hope you love it as much as I do mine. Mine's a week old today.

Myoho

Feb 12, 2010
Denver, CO
Hello all. New to the board here.

I have been vaping for about a month now and am completely off Analogs.

I too just received my new V2 today and it is AMAZING!!!

The juice tastes better and the vape is nice a warm! CLOUDS of Vapor! This is exactly what I needed.

I have several Pen type PV's, but I get so tired of continuously slurping on them. The V2 provides me with a huge hit and all those glorious clouds of vapor!

Thanks PS!!!!

unkuser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
New Yawk
I have really been enjoying the V2 today. Just nice.. I got scared a little today when one of the carts would not work... I thought oh no.. it's too early... for some reason the V2 and this cart won't play nice. The cart works fine in a regular Kr808 battery though. I think the contacts must be messed up somewhere.

Going back to the switch. Last night I took at a look it and I believe I could have design a much better tact switch than what the put in there. I understand why they did it that way...easy, simple... but it creates too many complications. To improve it without much fuss, I would add a plastic center piece to hold the button straight. So when you push the button it's always goes down in a straight line. In other words, with no freeplay to wiggle around. Just straight up and straight down.

Techno

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
Fort Pierce, FL
I also received A V2 today, I'm impressed with how solid it feels and how well the mechanical switch works, After everything I have heard about pieces of plastic, and break in periods, I have to say it works very well and has just the right amount of resistance. I had an Xhaler with a mech switch and found it painful to press. This doesnt seem to have any of those problems. Have to wait and see how it holds up,I think the design indicates it will last a long time.
Congrats to Steve on a very nice device.

BrockJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
Dallas, Texas

The Noalox is actually an anti-oxidation compound and not a conductor.
It's best for aluminum on aluminum threads to prevent seizing.

The silver conducting grease is made by a company called Circuit Works Part # CW7100. You can get it at WW Grainger or an electronics shop. It's right at $32 - 35 for a 6.5 gram tube. It's expensive but that much will last you forever. It only takes a pinhead amount to do every PV you have.
Since the V2 is Stainless I also use a tiny little bit on the threads to insure a good contact point for the ground.

Congratulations on getting off of the analogs Myoho :thumbs:

look up PS's youtube videos. steve shows the original prototype V1 which was like an inch longer than the V1 they sold. had an LED on it.

The very first units were tan and in may of 2009 they became black. I got my first one in june 2009. I've never seen one with LEDs and would love to see a link to that video.
Here's a link to the very first Prodigy video release on youtube. No LEDs

YouTube - Prodigy V1 Personal Vaporizing Unit

j4g3rb0mb3d

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Chicago, IL
Brock -- That video brings back them memories !!! I don't believe I have had a hair cut since then ;) LOL ... I have mucho long hair now!

Anyways .... Yes, the Very Very Very original Prodigy ... The first of all prototypes, did in-fact have an LED ;)

Can you post a pic? I'd be curious to see a Prodigy with an LED lol.

j4g3rb0mb3d

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Chicago, IL
Hey Jager ... That cannon looking thing sitting on the table is it :) However, the LED was yanked before that video was shot :( I may have an old ... VERY old CAD drawing of it ... let me see if I can find it.

That thing looks like a Maglite or a tank shell.

Could you imagine that thing in your pocket?

Last edited:

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
That thing looks like a Maglite or a tank shell

O ... I still have her ;) She's down stairs!!!! Keeping her for memories ...

And ... Here's the original CAD file ;) Boy ... almost 10 months ago this was made ... seems like 5 years, things have moved so quickly.

That little blue thing is the LED :)

Prototype1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread