The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Just received my Vivi Nova

Discussion in 'Canada Forum' started by Firechief2, Nov 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Firechief2

Firechief2 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 24, 2009
    Edmonton
    What a pleasant suprise !! These things actually work very well for me --- it amazes me how far the industry has come in a few short years.
    I am currently running the head that is marked 2.4 ohms (it tests out at 2.5) on my Provari running at 4.3 volts. Vapor, throat hit, draw and flavor are all great and it is convenient to re-fill. If they last a reasonable length of time I am going to be a happy camper.

2. PEneoark

PEneoark Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 6, 2010
    Holley, NY
    I just got mine in the mail today, and feel the exact opposite. Draw is too tight. No flavor, vapor sucks, and throat hit is non existent. I'm running the same head on a provari as well.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

3. PEneoark

Sep 6, 2010
    Holley, NY
    I'd honestly rather use a carto.

4. KrasH

KrasH Moved On

Jul 25, 2012
    Is it a Vision ViVi?

5. Firechief2

Nov 24, 2009
    Edmonton
    Whoa - now you have me concerned - I am going to fill a second one to see if my results are consistant. Do you know what version yours is ? Mine have the long wicks and the air holes are in the threaded shaft (like a regular carto). From what I understand the original version (V1) had the air hole in the side of the bottom threaded cap.

6. RollandOfGilead

RollandOfGilead Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Kingston, On, Canada
    As KrasH pointed out there are some knock offs floating around which are of considerably poorer quality.

I have nothing but good things to say about my ViVi Nova's

7. PEneoark

Sep 6, 2010
    Holley, NY
    I bought it from avidvaper

8. KrasH

KrasH Moved On

Jul 25, 2012
    I have several Vision ViVi Nova's and they all perform wonderfully. I have had one knock off and it was horrible. Unless you know for a fact you are getting the original product, I do not recommend you buy one. Wick lengths won't tell you anything as the heads come with various setups. Plus these can be truly rebuilt using SS mesh, cotton, hemp or just about any wick you want to use.

9. PEneoark

Sep 6, 2010
    Holley, NY
    They advertised them as Vision. They are a very reputable site too. I doubt they're knock offs.

10. Firechief2

Nov 24, 2009
    Edmonton
    I just filled and fired a second one and I got the same good results - I would say that it could be an individual preference if it was just based on taste or hit, but I am getting large vapor and I don't take long draws

11. zapped

zapped Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I am interested in trying some of these out.where do you get yours from Krash?

12. PEneoark

Sep 6, 2010
    Holley, NY
    I just upped the voltage some more, and it's better. Flavor is still off though. Maybe I've been spoiled by my z atty :)

13. RollandOfGilead

Jul 1, 2012
    Kingston, On, Canada
    Just checked the site (avidvaper) and the pics look like the knockoff version... does your tank actually say "Vivi Nova" right below the 0.00ml indication ... it should IMG_5575.jpg

14. PEneoark

Sep 6, 2010
    Holley, NY
    Nope, it doesn't. Now I'm not a happy person. Lemme email them. Thanks for the info.

15. RollandOfGilead

Jul 1, 2012
    Kingston, On, Canada
    Box didnt look the same either but i don't still have mine

The replacement heads shouldn't have those cone tops in their pics as well

16. Firechief2

Nov 24, 2009
    Edmonton
    Yes, mine have the name printed too, identical to the pic

17. PEneoark

Sep 6, 2010
    Holley, NY
    I looked at visionecigar.com, and do not see AvidVaper on their distributor list. I just emailed them about it.

Sorry to hijack the thread lol

18. KrasH

KrasH Moved On

Jul 25, 2012
    GotVapes carries the real ones.

The ones with the cone shaped top cap is not Vision, they are Unicig, a knock off.

19. MisterMike

MisterMike Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    From what I hear, anything has a tight draw once you're used to a Zen~ product. You lucky duck. :) Sorry to hear about your vivi woes. Hope things get sorted out for you.

20. KrasH

KrasH Moved On

Jul 25, 2012
    Even the faked ones have the logo on the tank I have found. This is exactly why I find a reliable vendor and stick with them, even if I pay a few dollars more. It is worth it when I know I am getting the real product.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.