• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Just received my Vivi Nova

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrasH

Moved On
Jul 25, 2012
I just upped the voltage some more, and it's better. Flavor is still off though. Maybe I've been spoiled by my z atty :)

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

The flavor will be off with some juices. I am a big believer in the right hardware for the juice is what makes the difference. I have found lemonade, berry and light fruity flavors work really well in the Nova. The chocolate and some tobacco ones need more warmth in the vapor. We identify certain tastes with a particular temperature and this applies to vaping more than one thinks.

The Nova is a cool to slightly warm vape depending on voltage and resistance. I can tell you a 1.8 ohm head on a standard eGo battery in the Nova is a great vape. You do have to remember to do the tank dip when the juice gets about midway down, in order to keep the coil wet.

Now you can make modifications to the ViVi like boring out the air ports slightly, changing wick materials and adding in a top wick that sits on top of the coil to aid in wicking. They may even be doing that now on the newest version already. GotVapes carries the brand new ones that have a metal tank with a window now as well.

therealcmac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
Vancouver Island, BC Canada
www.youtube.com
If you are going from a genesis atomizer to a vivi nova, you really can't expect the same experience, I think the Vivi's are OK but not fantastic. As for that list of Vision vendors, it does not list smaller buyers who buy smaller amounts, from what I understand Vision requires HUGE MOQ's that alot of vendors can not or will not pay. Remember that vision is a BRAND and not a manufacturer.

Qcaj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2012
Calgary
I think the canvape are genuine, but unbranded.

Don't quite me on it, but I think I remember someone saying they're from the same factory, the manufacturer just sends them off to canvape before writing on them.

For what it's worth, my mini Vivi from them looks identical to the one pictured on gotvapes.

Last edited:

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Fraser Valley, BC, Canada
They are a SmokTech version, different setup than the Vision ViVi Nova.

Well peer into your all-knowing crystal ball and tell me which one I want! lol ... That is to say, that I know it's often hard to make recommendations for others, but as a relatively new vaper, who's never had a nova, mini nova, smoktech, or any of these, I'm looking for your input. I'm pretty good with fiddling with stuff, and I want something I can rebuild, at least to an extent. I was thinking of a mini-nova with metal tank as I want to put some INSANELY hot cinnamon juice in it.... what say you?

KrasH

Moved On
Jul 25, 2012
I have no experience with the SmokTech version, it is totally different setup. I use the Vision (which I am pretty sure is the original) and anyone I have ever heard/seen/read/talking about the ViVi Nova has always been the Vision. I can highly recommend the Vision and have to several people.

If you want to do a cin juice, yep, get the metal tank. I loved my first mini Nova, have not broken the new one out yet. I am sitting here right now using my standard size ver 2.5 (from GotVapes.com) as I type this, in fact been using it all night. Have a berry mix juice in it and it works and tastes great as far as I am concerned.

Hope that helps more :)

therealcmac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
Vancouver Island, BC Canada
www.youtube.com
They are a SmokTech version, different setup than the Vision ViVi Nova.

No no, they have the Smoktech rebuildable, which is what you are looking at but they also have the Vivi Nova, as was said they are unbranded but from the same manufacturer that Vision buys from...as I am told and understand it.

KrasH

Moved On
Jul 25, 2012
No no, they have the Smoktech rebuildable, which is what you are looking at but they also have the Vivi Nova, as was said they are unbranded but from the same manufacturer that Vision buys from...as I am told and understand it.

They call it a ViVi and every other part I see listed as the ViVi Nova so it is a different beast than the Vision ViVI 'Nova', just as the ViVi rebuildable is on GotVapes. Missed the lack of Nova in the name. So it is not the same as a ViVi Nova, just a ViVi rebuildable....I hate these stupid naming protocols used by everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread