Just received Vamo V5 - Instructions? And question re button

Status
Not open for further replies.

meagain

Sep 16, 2013
Midwest
Hi. I just got my Vamo V5 and don't have enough posts to get to the Vamo forum so here I am. Total newbie here.

My Vamo V5 didn't come with instructions and I was wondering if anyone knew of a good site to get them from? I'd appreciate that because I'm clueless and most Youtubes review them vs. explain.

My issue with this Vamo V5 is the main button. It makes a very clicky sound. It's ok on press down but upon release it makes an annoying clank that will drive me nuts. Can anyone with a Vamo tell me if they get the same sound/tones with press down vs. release? Seriously I could use this thing as a dog training clicker.

Thanks!

(and I'm open to menthol suggestions)

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
5 presses of the main button for power on.

The main button does have a noticeable click to it, but it will break it a little.

The left small button is Voltage/Wattage down, the right Voltage/Wattage up.

Holding the small left button will give the current charge left on the battery, holding the small right button will display the current atomizer resistance.

Holding both the small buttons will bring you into menu mode, left button (in menu mode) selects current menu option to adjust, right small button cycles thru menu options.

ghola1was

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
NV USA
vamo v5 - user guide
how to use the vamo v5:
upon changing batteries, or when the unit is in standby: Quickly press the power button 5 times to turn it on.
press the power button to vape as desired. Note: There is a 10 second limit on firing.
quickly press the powjer button 5 times to turn it off (back to standby).

how to use the menu:
press the power button momentarily to light up the display, then keep pressing "+" and "-" at the same time for 5 seconds to enter the main menu
once you have reached the main menu press the "+" button to adjust the main menu and press the "-" button to select your choice from the sub menu
do not press any buttons for 3 seconds to exit the menu

the menu choices are:
power voltage: You have the option to put the device in either "power" or "voltage" mode
lcd display: You can adjust the display to show either "voltage/power" "battery-life" or "resistance" when the power button is hit. Note this setting is not saved when changing batteries.
lcd on/off: You have the option to turn the display "on" or "off" while firing

voltage and resistance information:
press the "+" button for 3 seconds to display current battery voltage level.
press the "-" button for 3 seconds to display the resistance of your atomizer.
to select between mean (avg) and rms, press the "-" button for 10 seconds and the mode will be displayed, repeat this procedure to select the other mode if desired.
if you press the power button and the oled screen displays "low resistance" that means the working resistance of your device is under 1.2 ohm, it will not fire.
if you press the power button and the oled screen displays "low v" that means the battery voltage of your device is under 3.2 volts, it will not fire. Change your battery.

That should keep you going.

meagain

Sep 16, 2013
Midwest
I fired up the Vamo but apparently it doesn't work well with Protanks? I went up to 6 watts and still, it was 'skimpy'. Put on Kanger Evod and that was better but I'm still preferring my Smokeless Image Passthrough.

I must be doing something wrong but not sure how to fix it. The instructions are good but only refer to buttons/settings. My problem seems that IDK what to 'do' with the settings. Right now it's in Watts mode and goes up/down in increments of .5
I guess right now I'm wondering why I bought this but I'd like to give it a fair chance, but lost as to what to do?

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
6 watts isn't high...
What's the resistance of your coil? (hold right button down for a few seconds, and VAMO will tell you).
I frequently vape at 8 watts.
Turn it up from 6 'til it makes good vapor but doesn't burn.

I do not like the way a ProTank SITS on a VAMO - at least not my old V2, where it doesn't reach the "collar" but sticks up and is only supported by the 510 threads - which already aren't quite right...
But it's great with all my other clearos: EVOD's, T3's, and MiniProTanks.

meagain

Sep 16, 2013
Midwest
thanks guys for the links. I'll be sure to look at them tomorrow!

My ohms with the Protank 1 are 2.5. Volts are 3.8. Watts are 5.5 to 6. I need to learn the correlation between volts/watts for sure. Do these numbers look OK-ish? KillerStephen - I wonder if a teensy rubber gasket around it might work. Super thin?

This is all some type of Miracle to me. I actually think I can get off the cigs with this. Now I just need to find and buy some quality juice. Wish there was a top 10 list somewhere because it's quite overwhelming. :)

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Your numbers are just peachy!

The most recommended wattage, especially for new vapers, is somewhere between 5.5-6.5 watts; depending on the flavor and the device. As a rule of thumb, delicate juices prefer less power, while tobaccos and coffees taste better at warmer temp. Of course, your experience may be different.

Anyway, start in that range and then adjust up or down until you're satisfied with the flavor and vapor production.

There are plenty of lists--but they won't help you much. Taste is sooooooooooo subjective. Visit our juice reviews forum and read--maybe something will strike your fancy. However, order small quantities at the beginning--look for samples and/or small bottles. :)

Experiment and have fun!

Good luck!

Last edited:

lvm111

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Wylie, Texas
Be very careful about screwing your tanks on to the Vamo. Do Not Overtighten! Just till it snugs up, and then stop. Vamos have a reputation for having weak 510 threads. I've been careful with mine and haven't had a problem.

I'm of the opinion that it's never necessary or desirable to over tighten tanks, cartos, clearamizers, atomizer, etc. (the juice holder attachment) onto any device. You obviously don't want it loose, but neither do you want it too tight. Not only can you damage the threads, but you can also damage the "pin" in the device that transfers the electricity to the juice holder attachment.

Also, once a day or so, remove your juice device and see if there is any e-liquid on the "pin" of your Vamo. If there is, clean it off with a tissue. Otherwise, it may eventually interfere with the electricity transfer.

best regards, larry mac

KillerStephen

Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
I have great results using similar settings. Same with the MVP2. I like the form factor of the Vamo a bit more in comparison though.

As for voltage/wattage/ohms relation there's write ups and videos out there that could explain it way better than me typing it up here. It's pretty simple though. I imagine by the time you really need, or want know more about those things, you will have figured it out already. With or without actually researching it.

What kind of juice are you after? Fruity? Tobacco? I like a few fruity ones. Blu Spot from Pink Spot. It's like a blueberry, pineapple, lime. Blue Water Punch from Volcano, similar but less or no lime. Not really sure. Night crawler from Sin City Vapor, it's supposed to be sour worms, but more like bubblicious or whatever it was called. Really good though. If you can find a shop nearby I'm sure you'll find something you like, and you can sample them all there. There's a million great flavors out there, in store, or online.

As for the button, I've considered something like that with a gasket or something, I'm just not sure how I would get in there to do anything to it...

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Just to be clear (lots of folks get confused over this): you are setting EITHER the watts or the volts. You don't set both - only one is happening. And if you like the vape at 3.8 volts with a 2.5 ohm coil, that's roughly equivalent to 5.8 Watts, so you numbers make sense.

What Variable Watts does for you is, if you screw on a top that happens to have a 1.8 ohm coil, if you're set for 6 watts, it will automatically put out 3.3 volts or so, to get you about the same vape you had with the 2.4 ohm coil before. With variable VOLTS, you'd have to do math, or just turn it down yourself until happy. It's just a different way to adjust. Pick either one, and enjoy!

thanks guys for the links. I'll be sure to look at them tomorrow!

My ohms with the Protank 1 are 2.5. Volts are 3.8. Watts are 5.5 to 6. I need to learn the correlation between volts/watts for sure. Do these numbers look OK-ish? KillerStephen - I wonder if a teensy rubber gasket around it might work. Super thin?

This is all some type of Miracle to me. I actually think I can get off the cigs with this. Now I just need to find and buy some quality juice. Wish there was a top 10 list somewhere because it's quite overwhelming. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread