Just removed the bridge on my 510 atty

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddrj

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
DFW, TX
I just removed the bridge on my 510 atty earlier today and WOW this is such a huge change for me!

Firstly CLOUDS of vapor, insane throat hit, and better flavor overall. I'm having to take shorter inhales because I started to realize that I shouldn't have to hold the button down like I would with an attie with a bridge on. No more double hits ;)

I'm just curious though... it seems that my juice is disappearing quicker without the bridge. Has anyone else experienced this or did I mess up somewhere along the way?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: nevermind, realized that the reason more juice is disappearing is because I've only been dripping 2 drops instead of my standard 3-4

Last edited:

Strauss95

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Plattsburgh, NY
I just de-bridged a couple of my LR atty's yesterday and just like you, I noticed a difference in both throat hit and vapor production. I also noticed the increased warmth in the vapor as well. I don't use more juice this way though, it even may be the opposite. Only because my juice gets immediately to the coil now, instead of having to wick down the bridge first. This means when I re-drip, I am always good with 2 drops now instead of 3-4. Those 2 drops last just as long as the 3 or 4 with the bridge still installed.

Your results may vary, but this is my experience with it. I love my bridge-less atty's now!

t9c

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2010
Houston
I've noticed on my BB I have to turn the voltage down a little compared to the normal LR I use, and my de-bridged is a regular 510. At the normal voltage I vape, the bridgeless gets hotter than a firecracker and smokestacks of vapor. This will also save a little battery life for me.

So, I guess my juice consumption shouldn't get too out of hand.:unsure:

Shan B

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2010
Latrobe, PA
www.Vapecore.com
Well since the atty I'm using is only a few weeks old. I only went with de-wicking it, and I tell ya. BEST THING EVER!! Once it gets a month use I will be de-bridging it as well.

Superior vapor and TH just removing the wick alone. And the flavor now is CRAZY, my tastebuds don't know what to do. I think vaping this RY4 is putting them in overdrive... so i added some VG USP to 2mL and it helped a bit.

I love phee's vids. dude know's what up!

Shan B

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2010
Latrobe, PA
www.Vapecore.com
I wanted to note I am using an eGo with a standard 510 atty, was using a drip tip til I noticed too much air-flow. So I took a cartridge, took about 3mm x 8mm of foam and jammed it way up into the top and WOW! I get so much vape and throat hit on 1 drag that I am just blown away. I do still drip, but I'm using an empty cartridge to get a better pull vs my drip tip. Both work when you de-wick, but i like a tougher pull when vaping.

ddrj

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
DFW, TX
I wanted to note I am using an eGo with a standard 510 atty, was using a drip tip til I noticed too much air-flow. So I took a cartridge, took about 3mm x 8mm of foam and jammed it way up into the top and WOW! I get so much vape and throat hit on 1 drag that I am just blown away. I do still drip, but I'm using an empty cartridge to get a better pull vs my drip tip. Both work when you de-wick, but i like a tougher pull when vaping.

Hey Shan B, I have the same setup as you atm! ego with standard 510 w/ a drip tip. I also like a tougher pull when vaping, and your empty cartridge sounds like a great idea! I was wondering if you also used the ego cone along with that cartridge? The ego cone seems to give me a good draw, but I want a bit more of a tougher draw like you say.

Vvenus

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2010
Texas Baby!
So you tried it? heheheh. VAPE ON! This idea came forth from Phee, and was passed on thru Nomad and a few others. I'm really glad I opted for de-wicking! Can't wait til I can de-bridge mine... woot!

Sure did and this is awesome. The flavor I'm getting now is unreal! I also have the same setup as you and ddrj, plus I'm using the cartridge with foam jammed to the top like you said. I don't think I'll ever be able to go back to the "old" vaping method everrrrrrr. lol!

Shan B

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2010
Latrobe, PA
www.Vapecore.com
Yes, I have the full setup hun, including the cone... would you like me to make you a quick vid on how much foam i'm putting into the cartridge so you get a nice full draw like I am? I tried it with some polyfill as well and it works the same, if not better. Let me know. either which way I need to make a vid on this SOON, so others see how wonderful this is... even with an empty cart.

I was hours ago taking like 3 draws/pulls compared to my now 1 amazing vape.

ddrj

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
DFW, TX
ddrj, I just put my cone on and I get a really nice tough draw.

Thanks Vvenus! Let me try that, btw glad you're enjoying the flavor from removing the bridge. That was the main reason I tried this. The vapor production and throat hits are a plus (seems I can tone down the throat hit depending on how long I take a drag from the ego). Like you, I don't think I'll go back to regular atties :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread