Just saying goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mabbo

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2010
Illinois
Just one last post to say thank you to V4L for helping me quit smoking.
I started my journey to quit smoking with the help of V4L’s products and will be hitting my 2 year mark analog free soon. It has been great, and being a member of the forums here has given me great help and a wealth of information as I have progressed.

Most of the people here have been very kind and pretty cool to chat with, but I am afraid that I will no longer be using the forums.

Over the last 4 months, I have had to switch to a different vendor for all of my vaping equipment, mostly due to the quality issues that seem to plaque V4L, from batteries that die too quick, horrible manual buttons that seem to go bad before the battery does, to faulty cool carts and so on. V4L has always been great about making it right, and their customer service has been fantastic, but in the end I need more than just great customer service, I need a solid product as well.

I am a bit sad that in the end I have had to move on to more progressive vendors, and ones that seem to have a better handle on quality, but this is the way it works sometimes, and I have no hard feelings towards V4L.

I would offer a few suggestions on my way out, whether they fall on death ears or not.

1. Fix the battery issues, specially the manual button issues. It’s been almost 2 years and still the same issues persist. Think about offering new battery designs, would have loved to see a 650 Mah or higher batteries from you guys. I use 900 Mah’s now and they last all day and have fantastic buttons that work every time. It just so liberating to only have 1 battery to carry.

2. Fix the cart issues, from the bad threads, bad post positions, labels covering holes, missing filler and being way too easy to burn just to name a few. How about mega carts? And getting a handle on the quality issues. I use mega carts now that do not burn and hold 2 times the juice as the cool carts.

3. Cases. Still no PCC that holds the XL, and it’s been over a year and still no XL carry case that works. I know lots of design idea where posted on the forums and seem to have been generally ignored.

Juices. Keep up the good work, love them and will still be buying them from you.

All in all it has been a great ride, and I once again thank V4L for showing me the path to being analog free. I hope that the company continues to move forward, gets the issues fixed and progresses in their product line. Who knows, maybe they will have me as a customer once more down the line, but right now with the way things are its time for my departure.

Happy vaping to all

Mabbo

VapingRulz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Florida
I agree that V4L has the best e-liquid: 90% of the juice I vape is from V4L. I've had excellent luck with the Wow cartomizers, so no complaints from me there. A sleek PCC like the ones I see sold by other 808D-1 vendors would be nice but I'm not sure I'd use one much because I always carry 5-6 batteries in an eyeglass holder.

The only point you've made that I strongly agree with is problems with batteries. They are not inexpensive and I now own several funky ones that work only when they feel like it or don't work at all - but most of the batteries I've bought work very well. It's fair to note that this battery issue is not unique to V4L; all of the battery vendors seem to have this problem. I bought two IGo batteries and one died within a month. Admittedly I dropped it on the floor, but I've done that with V4L batteries without a problem.

I want to see a manual 5v battery from V4L or at the very least, a 650mah+ battery @ 3.7v. These are now the industry standard, so I'm not sure why it is taking SO LONG for V4L to jump on the bandwagon. I would prefer to carry one or two batteries with me, not 5 or 6. I can't wait much longer. I want better, longer-lasting batteries.

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
I'm sorry for the hardware problems you've been having, Mabbo -- you seem to be hexed or something! :(

Fortunately, I have not experienced the same . . . all my batts and CoolCartos have behaved most admirably! (And I personally prefer the higher voltage most of the time . . . I have marvelous regulated 3.6v batts, both slim and fat, but there's nothing quite like my XL Manuals fresh off the charger at 4.2v . . . :))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread