Just some wierdness a couple weeks in- and a mild warning against consuming too much diet soda and vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

novicecrafter

Jun 3, 2011
portland, or
Ok so I thought I was largely used to the switch by now. Its been a couple weeks and I can now walk by a smoker and even chat with one *while* they are smoking and not want an analog. This is a huge step as it was torture to even be outside for a few days. But some weirdness lately I would appreciate some input on cause honestly its freaking me out a bit. I do not usually share personal health status/issues etc with people especially strangers but I will do my best.

*Are these what they call quit zits? More acne on my body in general but more disturbingly what seems to be a mild rash (rough skin and last night what seemed like bug bite type bumps) in underarm area. I have never had anything like it before and have had no contact that I am aware of to anything new that could cause a freak allergy?

*K.. so I went a little overboard on the diet soda for a few days. And well.. not only did I have serious heartburn like issues but also.. um.. you know when you eat super super spicy foods sometimes it can irritate coming out as well as going in? lets just say the entire area was inflamed and rather unhappy. As in the area that made *sense* and the one that didnt? like everything that came out was on fire?

These two things together and I am just confused. Am I detoxing through my skin finally? Is there some chemical in diet soda that reacts badly with vaping? I am out for the summer so do not have access to my student health insurance so unless something major happens (needing to visit ER) I just have to wait and wonder. :blink:

I also want to point out that I have quit analogs cold turkey twice before. Both for a few months at least. I did not have any of these symptoms. Are we so sure that the quit zits are not from vaping? As in vaping is putting our body into overdrive trying to get rid of something bad?

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
Well, the best person to inquire about anything physical is your health care professional. That said, I've seen mention of the "quit zits" before, so that could be all it is, but I'm no expert. As for skin reactions, if it is in fact related to vaping or quitting smoking, perhaps you have a sensitivity to PG? Everybody's body is different, but that is all the input I can think to offer . . .

EDIT: oops, just realized this post is over a month old:blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread