Not open for further replies.

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
- New GGTS Axis Post -

Excuse the proportions (this is my first attempt with a CAD software).

The idea is an axis post in 2 sections, both sections isolated with a delrin piece:

We do not use the original delrin insulator, instead that, the first section of the axis is screwed directly in the venting cap.

A new delrin insulator is screwed into the first section, at top.

The top of the delrin piece has a smaller external diameter than the external diameter of the axis posts.

A second section is screwed into the delrin insulator, this section is in contact with the negative pole of the battery.

When the button is pressed it works as it did before:

Closing the circuit through the internal spring (that is in contact with the button housing and the lower part of the button head. The housing is screwed into the main tube, of course) and / or, closing the circuit by the contact between the button head and the button housing.

But aditionally and at the same time, this design implements a button mechanism similar to the one found in the Esterigon:

When the button is pressed, the base of the button's pin touches both sections of the new axis at the same time, and as the lower section is in contact with the base, and the base is screwed into the main body, an additional path to close the circuit, is provided.

What do you guys think?

Do you think it is feasible?

Or is it only a lose of time?

It should be very inexpensive to build.

oibvc8.jpg

26ule.jpg

3013w2h.jpg

26217gh.jpg

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Yes, you can export to those formats (for DXF you need to download some files that are not included with the latest version (0.14) because they are licensed under the GPL).

Nice. Some of the Free CAD Systems I have seen Don't allow file Export. So you are kinda Stuck with the file you created.

ManniGfaltig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Germany
I like the idea, it gains some millimeters of length, should provide a bit less volt drop imo and you just need to keep the button contact point clean. But it should be taken care that the delrin (or whatever material should be used) is strong and surives a short and much mechanical energy. In case of a short the insulator might loose its form and stucks in the axis. Also, at least me, use to lock and unlock my GGTS by twisting the telescope. I do not screw them "as hard as I can" but there seems to be a lot of pressure sometimes cause older batteries have a little dome...
But yeah, if this will be build I definitely want some! :D

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
the problem is the contact Ariel. If the button doesnt have a nose, we are never sure that it will touch both of the poles.

Also, the contact on GGTS as it is right now is much bigger that esterigon's one. Esterigon touches 1 point per side when GGTS touches a line of points. Of course esterigon doesnt use a spring for the current.

So esterigon has an advantage when GGTS has another one

Congratulations for starting with cad software. Your design is simply wonderful!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread