Just starting to DIY mix my own juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBisHere

Aug 9, 2017
Hi Guys been vaping for about 4 months and I think I'm ready to try DIY mixing

So I have purchased a 250 ml bottle of 6mg nic 50/50 pg/vg mix and a few flavour concentrates.

I want to mix a 30ml ready to vape mix as the nic mix is already set to 50/50 do I just do 15ml VG/PG nic along with 15ml flavour concentrate? Would that work?

Some of the calculators I have come across online don't really take into account the ready pg/vg mix or am I missing something?

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
The base liquid you have bought (6mg 50/50) doesn't give you much flexibility unless you want to vape 4.5mg or 3mg (or less).
Please don't mix 15ml of this base with 15ml of flavor... that would not work and need 'fixing up' to save.

The main calculators do not offer all the possible arrangements for mixing. It takes a while to play around with them to get what you want unless you have straightforward ingredients.

For example IF you have these liquids; this is easy for the calculator.
Nicotine base 54/72/100mg PG
Plain PG and plain VG
Flavors.

Anyway. If you have 250ml of 6mg 50/50 the sort of mix you'd probably want to make is something like this.

For 30ml of liquid with 10% flavor.

27ml base liquid + 3ml flavor. You would then have 5.4mg liquid. (Nicotine drops by 10%)

or for 30ml of liquid with 20% flavor

24ml base liquid + 6ml flavor. You would then have 4.8mg liquid. (Nicotine drops by 20%)

Both mixes will have more PG than VG. Not always want you want. Personally, if I was shooting for 50/50 liquid and came out with 60% PG I wouldn't worry.

- -

The most important question though is - "Did you plan to make + vape 6mg e-liquid?" - in which case you don't want to buy 6mg e-liquid for mixing unless you are happy to vape at more likely around 5mg.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yes, you can start much lower with flavors. I use really low percentages in my mixes 1--4% and they come out just fine for me. Especially as my tastebuds come back, I don't need intense flavorings. You'd definitely want a higher base to give you more flexibility with flavors, though. I'd check out some juice calculators on the DIY board to see how they work so you can calculate better. I use an app, it's easier to just have my phone there while I'm counting MLs...

Good luck,

Anna

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Just an FYI, your not relegated to the new members forum. You can read and post anywhere you like..

If your interested in DIY, why don't you visit the DIY forum:

DIY E-Liquid

And don't forget to check out the subforums also if you want e liquid recipes to have or to share!

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
MrBisHere, I've used this calculator since I started and and have been pretty pleased with the software. The key is setting up your default to save your mixing preferences and then each time you open it your ready to rock. It allows you to mix by MLS or grams.

eJuice Me Up - DIY Calculator

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Start small and start light! If your first bottle ever comes out awful, then you have 30ml of unvapable liquid, and if it tastes awful because of over flavoring, the only options are adding more nic, diluting it with VG or PG, or pouring it out.

My first time, I made that costly mistake and from that point forward, I've started with a 5ml batch.

MrBisHere

Aug 9, 2017
MrBisHere, I've used this calculator since I started and and have been pretty pleased with the software. The key is setting up your default to save your mixing preferences and then each time you open it your ready to rock. It allows you to mix by MLS or grams.

eJuice Me Up - DIY Calculator

Thanks Mate I will give that one a go

MrBisHere

Aug 9, 2017
Start small and start light! If your first bottle ever comes out awful, then you have 30ml of unvapable liquid, and if it tastes awful because of over flavoring, the only options are adding more nic, diluting it with VG or PG, or pouring it out.

My first time, I made that costly mistake and from that point forward, I've started with a 5ml batch.

Yes good point i will look at starting small as well

Reactions: stols001

Gratch

Jul 9, 2017
Hello and Welcome! Lots of great info here on DIY and some cool folks to help you. I made my first sample batch today. Looks like I have a new hobby :)
OFGbIFw.jpg

Gratch

Jul 9, 2017
Wow that looks awesome [emoji106]

Thanks i just hope it tastes fine, What i will be doing from now on is getting a note book and keeping a detailed log of all the stuff i do and make. I have enough supplies to make nearly a liter and would hate to loose a good recepie for an ADV i had made in the past. I think with the outlay of supplies i will get my money back in less than 2 months.

MrBisHere

Aug 9, 2017
Thanks i just hope it tastes fine, What i will be doing from now on is getting a note book and keeping a detailed log of all the stuff i do and make. I have enough supplies to make nearly a liter and would hate to loose a good recepie for an ADV i had made in the past. I think with the outlay of supplies i will get my money back in less than 2 months.

Yeah that is fantastic I have also bought a few different flavour concentrates so hoping to get some good mixes which last me a while

Gratch

Jul 9, 2017
Yeah that is fantastic I have also bought a few different flavour concentrates so hoping to get some good mixes which last me a while

It will be fun to see what you can come up with. Even with only 12 flavours and additives i am sure i can come up with some funky juice.
I have been using this website for recepie research and making, I find it very wasy to use.
http://..................../

MrBisHere

Aug 9, 2017
Hi and welcome. You are getting good advice, so I'll just mention you need to start with a nic concentration higher than your target level -- I use 100mg base-- and dilute it with PG, VG and flavors to the target strength.

Thanks yeah next order I will go up in Mg on my nic

Reactions: suprtrkr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread