Just the facts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

witch1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Huntsville AL USA
Is there any way to add insurance to my package? (It's already Priority.) USPS seems to have lost my prescription meds -- they left Shreveport at 6:43 am on Saturday and haven't been seen since. With about $200 worth of e-liquid coming, I'm getting a bit nervous.

Oh no! That really sucks about your meds! Yes, we can add insurance.......Deej is looking at a way to add it to checkout now. Of course, if your order is ever lost from us just shoot us an email and we will replace it ASAP :)

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
Oh no! That really sucks about your meds! Yes, we can add insurance.......Deej is looking at a way to add it to checkout now. Of course, if your order is ever lost from us just shoot us an email and we will replace it ASAP :)

And I purposely ordered them on the 24th so they would go out after Christmas and avoid the post office crush.

Deej had to do it once before. I have a package that's been in the Bethpage sorting facility for about 3 years now. (Although that was before Hurricane Sandy. Long Island got hit hard so maybe my juices are now at sea.) And having a tracking number just means that they'll read you the info on same tracking page we can pull up at USPS.com. They'll acknowledge it's lost but won't even refund the postage. I'd rather the post office be the ones to pay for their screw-ups.

witch1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Huntsville AL USA
Sadly, right now we can't find a way to add insurance to checkout. We can't afford any more down time so we can't risk breaking the site at this point. Our only other option is to double the cost of Priority Shipping to cover the cost of insurance and we aren't going to do that. Insurance won't even pay until its missing for 30 days and getting them to pay is iffy at best-I know, I fought with them forever over a lost Mac. In 4 years we have only had to replace less than 5 orders-USPS has a great track record, IMO.

Last edited:

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
Not worth breaking the site over. My local post office is great. If it gets there it gets to me. The "New York" sorting station is also excellent. Bethpage, unfortunately, has earned it's reputation of being a black hole.

On a happier note, I just did the tracking again and, after 5 days in limbo, my prescriptions have arrived at the New York sorting station so I'll have them tomorrow.

TravTech

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2012
PA
I believe Priority mail comes automatically with built in insurance. It might only be up to $100 though.

At least it used to, I'm pretty sure.

If it still does, you could split up Poeia's shipments whenever they're over a $100 value to the seller. That way deejstuff could be fully compensated for any replacement shipments.

witch1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Huntsville AL USA
I believe Priority mail comes automatically with built in insurance. It might only be up to $100 though.

At least it used to, I'm pretty sure.

If it still does, you could split up Poeia's shipments whenever they're over a $100 value to the seller. That way deejstuff could be fully compensated for any replacement shipments.

It comes with 50.00 now. Honestly we aren't sweating it because we have only had to replace a total of 4 shipments :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread