Just threw away my last pack of analogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricksinvest

Aug 29, 2011
Houston, TX
Wow, it was kind of scary. I bought this pack last month and had only one cigarette out of it. This thing was in my desk drawer at work with 19 smokes in it.

I'm not sure why I kept it all this time but I decided to throw it away. Just handling the damn pack and looking at the smokes was a bit more tempting than I thought it would be. After more than a month off I have to remember the pull these things have on me and respect it. Damn.

They're in the garbage now and will be picked up this afternoon by the cleaning crew...

technovapir

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Seattle, WA, USA
Good Job Rick!
I feel your pain. I kept a full pack in the kitchen cupboard for about 6 months. I couldn't bring myself to throw it out, so I sealed it in a baggie & threw it in our "emergency" supplies bin.
Figured I might be able to trade it for something when the zombie apocalypse hits...:laugh:
Tossing yours out was a good sign! Letting your brain know who is in charge.
Best of Luck to you!

frosting

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Connecticut
Congrats! I still have a half pack sitting in my drawer, probably stale. I will prob take a puff out of curiosity, to reinforce how much I love vaping, how disgusting that part of my life was and remind myself I never want to go back. Never got all these flavors with smokes! *Vapes Mint Chocolate* yum. Now whenever my teeth stop hurting I'll be 100%

keydcuk

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
United Kingdom
Excellent!

You'll not go back... I had to smoke normal smokes when my e-cigarette broke and had to wait 3 days for a replacement... Absolutely disgusting!! GROSSS!! YUK!!! I needed menthols just to tolerate it...

If you got good product, you won't want normal tobacco cigarettes... I can't see how anybody would!

Congrats!

Cheers!

Dan

ricksinvest

Aug 29, 2011
Houston, TX
No man, that's not the way to do it. The denial method doesn't work. Just smoke when you feel like it. Over time, you will prefer the vape over the smoke as it will satisfy you without the smell and other nasty stuff.

If I have one then it'll happen. I haven't had to have one b/c my equipment is working an I have a back-up, and a backup to that. ;)

I know not to beat myself up about it if I slip but I didn't think just throwing them out would make me stop and think so much ...

I'm not slipping yet... :)

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
I was about to open a new pack of analogs when the postman dropped off my eGo Mega kit and some juice. That cig pack is still sitting here unopened after 160 days. I consider it a trophy!
Boars-Head-Boars-Head.jpg

ricksinvest

Aug 29, 2011
Houston, TX
Congrats ricksinvest for facing your demons. I would have left them on a park bench for a homeless person rather than throwing them out.

Everyone is different and it's great you feel comfortable enough with your vaping that you don't need them around any more.

I used to give them to homeless ppl. when I smoked all the time. It's just more symbolic to me that they're in the garbage and I don't think I want to give them to another person... after all the harm they've done for me at this point I don't want to pass it on if you know what I mean.

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
I used to give them to homeless ppl. when I smoked all the time. It's just more symbolic to me that they're in the garbage and I don't think I want to give them to another person... after all the harm they've done for me at this point I don't want to pass it on if you know what I mean.

Good point and maybe someone that has quit smoking would find them and be tempted.

Go with the symbolism for sure because it's just a dirty old used pack of smokes and you are well rid of them.

kabonk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
NW Detroit Burbs
I had a pack and 1/2 of marlboro reds in my freezer for about for about 6 months when I made the switch I didn't have the urge to smoke them, I emotionally needed them there like my "in case of emergency break the glass" then one day I open the freezer to get some ice and they where gone I ask my brother and he said he took them a month ago.

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
4 weeks and have two packs here as my "security blanket." Haven't smoked them but still am a bit nostalgic. Sniff, sniff - we were inseparable for 25 years. :). I figure that if I keep them here it'll keep me from feeling deprived.

Thanks for the inspirational post! I look forward to my butts in a can day.

P1NkY

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
Planet Earth
Hi ricksinvest! Congratulations!
It is scary, letting go, isn't it? I gave my last pack about a week into vaping, to a coworker. I did it to prove to him I had really quit, as he didn't believe me. Also gave him my lighter.
I think I did it to prove it to myself, also, now that I think about it. Having smoked 1 PAD for 23 years, I was scared sh..less!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread