Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com
in case it has gone unnoticed:

The Bolt - Burgundy
The Bolt - Black
The Bolt - Light Grey

all 3 for $ 15.99

I ordered this on Saturday January 4th and am currently :vapor: it since 2:30 pm today :blink:
and loving it...the simplest mechanical I have used so far !!!
This is a great little unit for beginners and advanced users (IMHO) and as a daily bang-around-er !!!
I got the burgundy one today and ordered the black extender for 18650 (looks pretty cute)
BurgundyBolt.jpg

meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com
the bolt isn't a true mechanical

thank you ... how is it not a true mechanical ??? :?:

it's a tube with 510 connection and a button to fire the device ... no voltage or wattage or other adjustment ...
isn't that the general make up of a mechanical mod ?
I'm puzzled now. :confused:

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Well, some think that if it has a "wire" in it as a conductor it isn't a true mechanical. I differ in that opinion...after all, your house has wire for 110/115v or even 220v AC service. And there's a lot of it. As long as it's sufficient gauge wire and soldered in well, that's not an issue in a mech. We used to make mods like these "in the old days". I still have one from 3 years ago and it works. If you think about it...pins are just "solid wires". Even the REO has a metal bar as a conductor.

The thing with mechs that have buttons like that....is the button will wear out. Just like the contact pin will wear/oxidize on a bottom button mod. Any mechanical contact...on any mech...will wear. Button or pin. The pins are easier to maintain and replace.

At that cost for a bolt, who cares? Get 2 of them and keep a stockpile. Or get button replacement parts.

I'd be more concerned about things like locking the button, or vent holes.
Glad you got the extender.

Make sure, as with all mechs, you know safety rules and practices. IDK if it can lock, for example.

:2c:

Last edited:

E_DeCastro

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2009
SOCAL, USA
Well, some think that if it has a "wire" in it as a conductor it isn't a true mechanical. I differ in that opinion...after all, your house has wire for 110/115 or even 220 service. And there's a lot of it. As long as it's sufficient gauge wire and soldered in well, that's not an issue in a mech.

The thing with mechs that have buttons like that....is the button will wear out. Just like the contact pin will wear/oxidize on a bottom button mod. Any mechanical contact...on any mech...will wear. Button or pin. The pins are easier to maintain and replace.

At that cost for a bolt, who cares? Get 20 of them and keep a stockpile. Or get button replacement parts.

I'd be more concerned about things like locking the button, or vent holes.

:2c:
also the bolt switch is rated for 3A and the wire isn't solid copper like your house is wired with.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
also the bolt switch is rated for 3A and the wire isn't solid copper like your house is wired with.

Yeah, I was digging in and going to edit, but I'll post again here instead.

Good point on the switch amps. Wire amps too....but stranded vs solid doesn't matter as long as it's rated for the amps. Skin effect is only applicable to high frequencies, otherwise it's just total amount of copper and the wire is rated for the amps. Flexible wire is fine.

Not for the high-amp sub-ohm crowd. However, it's a "true mech". No electronics at all.

Last edited:

meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com
I do have other mid to low-end mechs (i.e. Smok Natural, Magneto, K100, a super cheap sentinel clone; and boy that thing is just awful and was twice the cost of the bolt), but this one just took the number 1 spot over the others !
I also ordered the other 2 that are on sale and prolly gonne get rid of the other other ones I barely use.
I don't sub-ohm (not planning on it), I get the flavor, TH, heat and battery life from my 2.0-2.8 ohm coils at 3-4 volt ... the world is a content place :D

I just really fell for the simplicity and the look of the bolt; the button location and function.

Last edited:

meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com
I too have recently been enjoying mech mods ... I love that I can draw for as long as I want without any cutoff. I haven't touched my APV since I got it, other than using it to check the ohms rating on my builds. Enjoy your new Bolt! :)

thanx...and I will...all 3 of them :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread