Just went from VHS to Bluray sort of with vaping overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dana A

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Iowa
I have been vaping on my Provari 2.5 models for years with a genesis style generic Atomizer on top. It's been so long I cant remember what they were called when I bought them. Something with T2 in the name. I had been happy with my set ups for I think around 3 years. I stopped paying attention to anything new because I had what I needed. I got sick of rebuilding though and started wanting to just smoke. I didn't but I had been wanting to for about 3 months. Last week my 22 year old son told me he wanted the smok Alien because his friend had one and he loved it. So I started researching it and ended up ordering the smok Procolor kits for both of us. OMG what I have been missing!!! I never thought about doing a direct lung inhale because I'm a 40 year old mom of three. It seems to look like something the young kids do to me. Well I am too now! I feel silly but its so fulfilling. I was using 28 mg liquid but had to use 3mg as my son told me I would need to. I'm so happy I did! I will still never smoke again. And these coils are so easily swapped out that I will never have to rebuild again. Yayyyyy. You guys are the only people who can appreciate something like this so I just had to share it here. And now I have enough 100 mg Nicotine for DIY to last for ten years using 3% rather then 28%. I never do anything part way so I got myself 2 more Smok Procolors:hubba: and now I have a back up for my back up again. So Happy!!:thumbs::thumbs:

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
It’s rare to go from building to drop ins but if you like it you like it. The new coil tanks are a lot easier to build on too should you get sick of paying for coils
I started out with simple Kanger evod units (the originals, not evod 2's) using 1.2-2.4 ohm premade coils. Rebuilt them for years to 2.4 ohms, vaping 18-24mg at low wattage (7-12 watts) and was fine.

Moved on to drop in coil tanks at sub-ohm, also lowered my nic to 3mg and less. Got bored with the drop in coils since I used to rebuild the kanger evod coils and used RBA sections with my tanks for a while.

Prefer to build my own RTAs or RDTAs these days. But sometimes when it's time to build I'm not up to it or too busy, so I pull out a SMOK or Kanger tank and drop in a factory coil. Also have the RBA sections for these tanks in case I need them, but I keep a decent number of factory coils around for the tanks I like. Every once in a while, I go back to them or just want something different.

I still toodle puff on my Evods every once in a while when I need something stealthy. Just bump the nic back up to 12mg or above, and throw together a simple 2.4 ohm coil.

It's just nice having options. :) Been vaping a good number of years, but even my 'old' equipment still gets used every now and then.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
@Dana A , I used Provari's with cartotanks for years. When the Genesis AGA T2 rebuildable tank atomizer came out I got one. I have to admit the difference was striking, but I found the drawbacks to using a Genny too frustrating. I hated the stainless steel mesh wick, hated you had to tilt the entire device sideways to get the wick wet, and it was next to impossible to use outside the house (leaking).

AGA-T2_grande.jpg
AGA T2 Genesis RTA

I went back to using cartotanks until I got a Kayfun RTA. This was a gamechanger for about a year or two. Then a buddy gave me a Uwell Crown sub-ohm clearomizer and a RX200 mod. This was the first clearomizer with premade coils that I could fall in love with. The Crown 1 spoiled me; I'm now a lazy vaper. The flavor and vapor matches the RTA and RBA's that I had been using, so the convenience of a clearomizer won the day. Clearomizer technology has risen by leaps and bounds.

Last edited:

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
It’s rare to go from building to drop ins but if you like it you like it. The new coil tanks are a lot easier to build on too should you get sick of paying for coils
I built Kayfuns, Aromamizers, Griffins and Smok/Kanger/Crown RBAs for a couple of years and went back to prebuilt coils last year.

Why? For $3-4 per coil (Smok Beasts and Crown 3s) I get over a month out of each one. For me, I couldn’t be bothered to build any more. I bought a 2-3 year supply of each from various Black Friday sales as well, so I am stocked.

I still have thousands of feet of wire, different cottons/rayon, etc., but I will save my RTAs and RBAs for a rainy day.

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Apalachicola, FL, United States
When the Genesis AGA T2 rebuildable tank atomizer came out I got one. I have to admit the difference was striking

AGA-T2_grande.jpg
AGA T2 Genesis RTA

Ah yes. THIS was the atty that made me a non-smoker. Big soft spot in my heart for this sweet baby still. I’d never go back to it :D but it was my game changer.

Reactions: stols001

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Same thing happened to me hah. Started off with a Kanger EVOD and thought it didn't get any better than that. Then thanks to this place, only like 2 or 3 months later, I ended up buying an MVP2 and my first Kayfun Lite and couldn't go back to the EVOD. Which then turned into a Vamo and like 3 Kayfun V4s, and then a Sigelei Mini. Then I bought a Derringer RDA, went up to 20w-30w from 10w, and totally changed my vaping style. THAT FLAVOR!! Just cant go back to MTL, it doesn't feel right anymore heh. Cant go back to anything with pre-built coils though. For the same price as like one coil, I can get 100' of 26ga Kanthal and make coils for years! Plus I only change my coils once every like 5-6 months hehe. When they gunk up or I burn through a wick, just dry burn that sucker, rewick and go!

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread