Just went in the deep end...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
Denver, CO
So, I've been vaping NOTHING but 50/50 12mg Unlfavored Nic in my Reo Grand since I got it.

Last night, I decided to say screw it and loaded my Reo up with Pluid. It's interesting to say the least, the flavor is very different then my dripper, defintetly not better as the vape isn't as hot as my 0.4 setup, but it's still nice!

I have decided that I want to treat my Reo like a cast iron skillet and season it. I'm never going to clean the o-ring, the tube or replace this bottle now that it's got Pluid in it.

I'll just keep adding new flavor upon new flavor and see what happens. If all else fails, I have spare tubes, orings and bottles!

Going from zero flavor to waaaay too much flavor is pretty crazy :)

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
I've personally never tried Pluid, although I have heard of it many times.

I like unflavored just fine, but I also like buying a few flavors every few months and trying them. Most recently, I bought the following flavors:

Torrone
Tiramisu
RY3
Butterscotch

I also have two DIY tobacco blends that I make and I basically switch flavors each night.

JmanEspresso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 15, 2013
    Westchester, NY,USA
    Wow, talk about palate shock! Unflavoured, to PLUID?!

Pluid is like the most potent flavoured juice Ive ever experienced. Forget that its a strong and bold flavor.. the amount of flavoring in the liquid.. I can feel it on my tongue.

Ive noticed a lot of Reonauts vape unflavoured.. I know its not totally unheard of to vape no flavor nic, but it seems like in Reoville, thats how A LOT of people roll..

Is it a Reo thing or?

I dont DIY, so I dont have any unflavoured nic base, so IVe never tried it. I actually have been considering making an order from MyFreedomSmokes for some base liquids and maybe some flavors to give DIY a try.. Im a Chef in real life and Ive got some ideas.. Nevermind, I digress.

Enlighten me to the unflavoured vaping style.

tmel

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 8, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Unflavored in my Reo tastes a lot like a marloboro light. I have had people at vape shops try and they always think I am vaping a tobacco liquid.

Unflavored means your coil will last a minimum of 3 months. Your cotton will be changed once a week, only because you're bored and feel gross about it though.

That and it keeps your Reo o-ring/bottle/tube happy.

Although, now that I have Pluid in my Reo......I'll probably never get the same unflavored vape out of it again.

tmel

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 8, 2013
    Denver, CO
    When you first get it it, it tastes very strong of black licorice. On the initial inhale on my tongue, I tasted nothing but really sweet powerful sweet tarts candy, and then exhale is some citrus with a nice numbing almost black licorice after taste in my mouth.

After cutting it to half strength, it is much more mellow and I doubled the amount I had for practically nothing. :)

JmanEspresso

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 15, 2013
    Westchester, NY,USA
    Jugband,

Nope, you're not missing anything.. thats what Pluid is.. An Anise/Absinthe concoction.

Around the time I tried Pluid, I also tried a couple other Anise/Absinthe liquids people talked about. Most notably other than Pluid, is from G2 Vapor.. Shocker and the original G2. They are much, much more simple than Pluid. Shocker is Raspberry Anise and G2 is Apple Anise. The G2 was pretty tasty, mostly apple with a little licorice bite on the end. Very mild in comparison to pluid.

Pluid on the other hand, is a kick to the senses, hardcore style. But its got SOO much going on. Once you get over the initial blast of heavy thick flavouring, you start to taste a myriad of flavors, at all different points of the vape.

I dont even REALLY like Pluid.. I like it enough to keep my bottle around and have some from time to time, but in no way is it an all day vape for me. However, some people, after trying Pluid, can't vape anything else. And some of those people were those who said, "Omg, that sounds revolting".

Its unique enough that its worth getting some and trying it, even if you do hate it in the end.

yaypudding

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 17, 2013
    North of NYC
    I hate anise flavors, but got some pluid just to try. Man, it is insanely flavorful. I don't have any flavors that are similar to it, so it's a really nice change of pace every now and then. I would never run it thru a reo though, that pluid aftertaste tends to ruin every other flavor after it. Got a used patriot that had pluid run through it, had to get new insulators and boil it for 2 hours. Now , I have dedicated an igo-w specifically for when i get that pluid hankering.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread