The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Kamry KTS Mod

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by diamonddddlife, Oct 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. diamonddddlife

diamonddddlife Full Member

Jan 6, 2013
    San Antonio
    Hey Guys,

Has anyone tried this mod?
    They run about $60 or so I've seen alot on craigslist. I wanted to upgrade from my ego twist. I'm not trying to spend over $100 for a mechanical mod just yet I need a somewhat upgrade for now (yes call me a cheap ... haha) or any other cheaper mods you guys recommend would help!
    Thanks Have a great day :2cool:

2. djsvapour

djsvapour ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    I got a KTS+ for $21 or so.

It serves as a great paper weight. (It's a spare basically, compared to one-click VV/VW)

Why does everybody see mechanical as an upgrade?

3. steeledragon78

steeledragon78 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 28, 2013
    Owasso, OK, USA
    it is if you are dealing with rba/rda's, but only that you can get higher wattages out of slr and xlr builds that a regulated cant touch. and most mechs beat most regulated mods in looks and versatility. but thats just my :2c:

as to the OP, there are an astounding number of mechs that are sub $100, half of the sigelei line are mechs. kamary has some nice bottom button mechs too. just remember that with mechs you dont have the safety features of regulated. get a good set of imr bats and a vape safe fuse. most of the kits come with questionable batteries. a set of aw imr, efest imr, or mkne would be a good start.

4. rawr

rawr Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 30, 2013
    Slovenia, Europe
  5. Nev NYC

Nev NYC Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 21, 2013
    Bronx, NY
    There are plenty of options for less than $100.. The KTS isn't the worst you can get but not the best either.. I have one and have up on it within about 2 to 3 weeks.. It needs some modifications out the box.. You've got to sand down the connections to reveal the brass to get better conductivity.. For me, the absolute worst part of it is the fire button.. It constantly comes apart if you lock it regularly.. Sure you can put it back together but it's a real PITA.. Then comes the material.. The tubes are very thin and the mod feels really cheap.. A similar styled mech would be an MKB-TS.. It's made of much better materials and doesn't require as much fiddling.. A great starter mech is the K100.. It's cheap and it works.. If you look around they can be had from $25-$50.. There are plenty of decent mech clones out there that perform pretty close to the originals as well.. For $100 you should be able to get a mod, a charger, good batteries, an RDA, some wick, and some wire.. If you don't have a multimeter, an ohm meter, or a Vamo then you'll need to get something to check your resistance and for shorts.. All can definitely be had within your budget.. You may even be able to squeeze a bottle of juice in there.. Good luck and happy vaping.. Oh yea, read up on battery safety!!!!! Don't blow up your face!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

6. crxess

crxess Grumpy Ole Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    I own 4 KTS mods - All work excellent. Hard finding Tanks that match well with the Taper top. The Flat top version is nicer for fitment.

7. djsvapour

djsvapour ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    No argument from me. Different needs for different folk. :)

8. vernhall

vernhall Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 5, 2013
    United States
  9. Rickajho

Rickajho ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 23, 2011
    Boston MA
    Wow - and I thought FT was supposed to show US vendors were total ripoffs. You can get it at MBV for $24.99 and actually get it - in three days. Kamry KTS+ Base - Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes

They also have the K100 for $24.99

ETA: MBV also has an ECF coupon code that takes 10% off that price so the difference becomes even less relevant.

10. sawtoothscream

sawtoothscream Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 26, 2013
    United States
    its ok. my brother paid like $21 for his from fast tech. my issue is that the fire button gets hot, besides that it works fine.

11. sawtoothscream

sawtoothscream Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 26, 2013
    United States
    it is for me. im running mine with a grand vapor trident RDA clone running dual micro coils at .7ohms and it hits hard and blast vapor and flavor. if your using some 1.7+ ohm clearmizer then no its not

12. Lessifer

Lessifer Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I actually bought this from MBV while waiting on my "first" mech from FT. It's a decent mod, especially for a first mech. It worked out of the box, though I had an occasional problem with the button getting hot. A few passes with a file on the button and post to rough them up a little and no more hot button issue. Use the money you saved and buy some good batteries.

13. madqatter

madqatter Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 14, 2013
    Virginia
    This is an old thread, so probably not useful to the OP anymore. That said, I was fiddling with one today, and I just can't get used to the bottom side button. Doesn't really work for me. Others may dig it, though. We're all different. :)

14. MPGTucker

MPGTucker Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Arlington, TX, USA
    It's a good mod if you want to spend some time on it. As others have said, you will need to remove the button and sand the contact point there, and sand the end of the button. I also filed about 1/2 mm off the locking ring, replaced the negative spring and positive pin with brass screws. After all that work it wasn't a bad starter mod at all. Of course, when I started pumping 45w+ through it there were a couple of times the button got so hot the spring melted.

15. Lessifer

Lessifer Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

When the spring melts it's a safety mechanism, it means you're pulling dangerous amounts of current through it.

16. vrodder

vrodder Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 4, 2013
    East Central Alabama
    Had mine for about 4 months. Works well for a starter mech. You can use 1.5 ohm & below tanks/cartos & it will work pretty good. I use mine with a IGO-L w/a 5/64 air hole & it performs very good. A little emery cloth on all electrical contacts headed off any of the electrical issues others have had. A dab of Loctite on the switch thread keeps it from backing out when locking it. Use blue NOT red Loctite. The kit I got had a fuse included.

Keep on Vaping !!!! :vapor:

17. MPGTucker

MPGTucker Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Arlington, TX, USA
    Oh come on, 70w isn't that much current:evil:... (Quad Micro Coil IGO-W build, .25 ohms)

18. ImThatGuy

ImThatGuy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 1, 2012
    California
    For an unmodified KTS...it sure is... Please try it and let me know how hot the firing button gets.

19. retired1

retired1 Administrator Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    Don't make me move this to "Not Advisable". If you want to do silly things with your mods, keep it to yourself please.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.