Kamry Micro - a good successor to the eRoll?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
Haven’t posted for a while as up to now I have been quite happy with my sub-ohm devices. Started vaping six years ago with a terrible cigalike and moved onto the eGo tank systems, CE4’s, sub-ohm tube mods, box mods etc. Things change though, and now I want to switch back predominantly to a cigalike and keep everything else as backups. Why have I gone full circle? Here are some reasons:
  • Vapour from my larger e-cigs annoys my vape-hating partner which means nag nag nag!
  • Sub ohm vaping (even with mouth-to-lung settings) means I am getting through e-liquid much faster than in the old days - which can prove as expensive as real cigarettes.
  • Having gone through a wide range of tobacco, fruit and dessert juices, I easily develop vapers tongue and become bored of chasing the next must-try flavour.
  • Even though I own a petite all-in-one device (Kanger Cupti) in my collection, I want something even more ninja (maybe because I am Asian).
  • After 6 years of vaping I just want to get back to basics – to smoke cigarettes in electronic form without having to think about it. No settings, no rebuilding, no flavour chasing. Just take it out, take a hit, put it away. Repeat.
  • Most of all, because I may have found a cigalike that beats other cigalikes in the market hands down - including my eRoll C which I have previously posted about.

This is it:

%E9%9B%BB%E5%AD%90%E3%82%BF%E3%83%90%E3%82%B3%E3%82%AD%E3%83%83%E3%83%88%E8%92%B8%E6%B0%97%E3%82%92%E5%90%B8%E3%81%86%E3%83%9A%E3%83%B3%E3%82%AA%E3%83%AA%E3%82%B8%E3%83%8A%E3%83%ABkamry%E3%83%9E%E3%82%A4%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AD%E3%82%B7%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B7%E3%83%A3%E3%83%9A%E3%83%B3e%E6%B0%B4%E3%82%AE%E3%82%BB%E3%83%AB%E6%B0%97%E5%8C%96%E3%82%BF%E3%83%B3%E3%82%AF%E3%82%A8%E3%82%B4%E9%9B%BB%E5%AD%90%E3%82%BF%E3%83%90%E3%82%B3e%E7%85%99x1033.jpg
I will post reviews to this thread on different aspects of the micro as I use it. It's been in my possession a few days already and we are getting on pretty well - but of course the real test will be in how it holds up in the upcoming weeks, days and months after the honeymoon is over.

If you have any questions please post. For now I will leave you with some specs.

Details
Model: Kamrytech Micro
Material: Brass,PC,Stainless Steel, Glass (?)
Wattage: 7W
Voltage Output: 3.6v - 3.75v
Battery Capacity: 170mAh
Battery/Atomiser Connection: 510
Atomizer Capacity: 1.0 ml
Atomizer Resistance: 1.8ohm
Available color: Black, White, Rose Gold

Dimension and Weight

Weight: 0.019 kg
Size: 0.92 x 0.92 x 10.00 cm / 0.36 x 0.36 x 3.94 inches

Package Contents

1 x Micro Battery, 1 x Micro Clearomizer, 1 x USB Charger

full

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
You can get a Cassiel on Aliexpress. I found out about this charging case only after I'd ordered the basic starter kits!

They seem to be out of black Cassiels...and the seller that has black is currently charging ten dollars more than others, drat.

Another thing is that the two micros that come with the Cassiels use the Old clearomiser and micro coils. I know because I asked a few sellers. There are New clearos and coils in circulation although old ones are still available. Unfortunately old and new are not compatible but the battery is the same in both versions, so you can upgrade old micros to new ones just by replacing the clearomiser with the new one. I read that the old micro suffered from leaking issues. I haven't yet had that with the two new micros that I'm rotating in use.

Last edited:

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
One thing about these micro e-cigs is that charging them with the basic USB charger is a pain when you are out and about. I'm using a portable powerbank to do so at the moment but it would be much better having a charging case to hand. So ... to Aliexpress!

Well, after agreeing a discount on the Cassiel ($39.00 from $44.90) from the seller that has black in stock it turns out that they are out of black after all, gah! Order canceled. I have a white Cassiel coming from a different seller anyway and it is much cheaper at $30.40.

Interestingly, in the first seller's store I saw this other cigalike kit:
HTB1AaP1OpXXXXb1aXXXq6xXFXXXc.jpg

Looks like the original eRoll is alive and well in the form of a clone called the K500.

Last edited:

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
So here are some photos of the basic micro starter kit that I recently received from a seller on Aliexpress. They cost $6.79 each for a 170 mAh battery, tank, atomiser, and USB charger. You can get a micro cheaper than this if you search the site but I chose the only seller that sold both old and new versions and made a clear distinction between the two. I ordered the newer versions which are supposedly improved as the old ones were said to leak.

full

My eRoll-C silently weeps next to the new micros on the block. But at least it has a home.​

full

Micros are about a cm longer than the eRoll-C and a tad wider.

full

Comfortable in the hand and at 21 grams it's also light enough to clamp in the mouth.​

full

Disassembles into four pieces but here the atomiser is screwed into the battery connector.

full

This is the new coil version which has three o-rings on it to prevent leakage.

full

Inside of the tiny 1 ml cartomiser. Eliquid bottle with needle tip recommended.

full

Looking forward to the arrival of my Personal Charging Case.

full

Back of the box specs.​

Sludge Van Diesel

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Barnet UK
I'm right on the edge of London (technically Hertfordshire, but literally if I spit out of the window I'll hit a London postcode). I'm reluctant to buy from abroad, as I've been stung by customs a few times in the past.

My other half is still using an eRoll (we pooled resources when it became obvious that Joyetech weren't going to be making any more batteries), but we are on the look out for a cig sized tank system. Otherwise once her last few batteries are knackered, she'll be joining me in using these Electronic Cigarette by ePuffer | MAGNUM SNAPS E-PACK STARTER Kit which apart from not using a separate tank & atty, hold their own quite nicely against eRolls.

Reactions: Jin_888

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
I'm right on the edge of London (technically Hertfordshire, but literally if I spit out of the window I'll hit a London postcode). I'm reluctant to buy from abroad, as I've been stung by customs a few times in the past.

My other half is still using an eRoll (we pooled resources when it became obvious that Joyetech weren't going to be making any more batteries), but we are on the look out for a cig sized tank system. Otherwise once her last few batteries are knackered, she'll be joining me in using these Electronic Cigarette by ePuffer | MAGNUM SNAPS E-PACK STARTER Kit which apart from not using a separate tank & atty, hold their own quite nicely against eRolls.

Did you see my previous post mentioning the K500? That is basically the eRoll, if you don't mind taking the customs risk (don't see why it shouldn't get through.)

I did check out info and reviews on Magnum Snaps before committing to the Micros. Seems a neat device but I wanted a tank to fill rather than pre-filled cartridges where the coil is wrapped around wicking material.

Other cigalikes I checked out were the Smiss Emili, Joecig, Eson, Cigma, Elleaf iKiss, Innokin AIO and Alchemy Z5. Nearly went with the Emili but the batteries are only 100 mAh (but it has a charging case).

Sludge Van Diesel

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Barnet UK
Did you see my previous post mentioning the K500? That is basically the eRoll, if you don't mind taking the customs risk (don't see why it shouldn't get through.)
I did, but aside from customs issues I'd prefer a UK supplier for if there are any issues with the e-cig or if something is needed urgently. For example I ordered some empty cartos from ePuffer on Sunday, they arrived 9am today. That wouldn't happen if the supplier was abroad.

Sludge Van Diesel

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Barnet UK
Other cigalikes I checked out were the Smiss Emili, Joecig, Eson, Cigma, Elleaf iKiss, Innokin AIO and Alchemy Z5. Nearly went with the Emili but the batteries are only 100 mAh (but it has a charging case).
Just checked them out. Most of them don't seem to have a UK supplier, so they're ruled out for me. Those that do all seem to be missing key elements from their webstores no spare attys / coils, no spare batteries. The search continues.

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
Just checked them out. Most of them don't seem to have a UK supplier, so they're ruled out for me. Those that do all seem to be missing key elements from their webstores no spare attys / coils, no spare batteries. The search continues.

Forgot to mention Ovale Emini Duo. Have you checked that one out?

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
The search continues.

Have you come across OK Smokey based in Birmingham UK? They have the Joecig X-TC 3 kit and stock spare atomisers and batteries: Joecig XTC3 PCC

X-TC-3-PCC-electronic-cigarette-1.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:
Size
: 85 x 7.7 mm
E-cig battery capacity: 90mah
PCC capacity: 1100mah
Clear atomizer volume: 0.3ml

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
How does the Kamry Micro vape?
Overall, quite good. With a fully charged battery giving out 3.75v on a 1.8ohm coil it easily produces an amount of vapour to match the smoke from a cigarette. Depending on the e-liquid and nicotine strength (I’m using 12mg) there is a nice throat hit too. Here's a YouTube video of the Micro in action:

3.75v battery and a 1.8 ohm coil matches that of my eRoll-C with a low resistance coil, however, there are a few major differences in the vape experience:

Easier draw
The Micro has four air holes while the eRoll only has one which meant it felt like sucking a thick milkshake through a thin straw – otherwise known as a fast ticket to smokers lines. The number of air holes also contributes to better vapour production than the eRoll. Although the Micro is a mouth-to-lung e-cig, you can even manage direct lung hits from it although they are rather slow, restricted ones.

Doesn’t get hot
The eRoll-C metal casing surrounding the atomiser used to get VERY hot to the point that you could burn yourself. The Micro only gets warm at most - even if you chain vape until the battery dies (yet another benefit of multiple air holes – increased ventilation).

Good flavour
I have put a range of different e-liquids through the same atomiser and in each case the flavour change was instant and the juices held up to how they tasted in my other larger vaping devices. Obviously not 100% the same as using a 0.5 ohm coil but still a pleasant surprise for such a mini vapouriser.

Handles Max VG
Another good surprise is that – for me anyway – the Micro works much better with higher VG ratios, from 60/40 VG/PG right up to max VG. Of course you can also put the typical 70/30 PG/VG through it if that’s more to your liking. The only problem is that because this not a sub ohm device it can be difficult to find a high VG juice that is available in 12 mg or over.

Can you dangle it from your mouth?
At 20 grams filled, the Micro is a bit too heavy for that (eRoll is only 12 grams filled) but you can certainly clamp it between your teeth and vape hands free. Do not clamp too hard though as the coating on the tank can come off. Kamry should release a stainless steel version especially for us clampers!

How long does a single battery last?
About 45 minutes chain vaping. Beware though, as the battery charge drops, so does the power and therefore the vapour. I don’t think it’s a regulated battery that puts out a constant 3.75v until it dies. Once the battery is at 50% or lower, vapour becomes more wispy. I can get a satisfying vape for about 20 minutes before feeling the need to screw the battery back in the charger. It shouldn’t be a problem once my PCC arrives.

Have you gone back to larger e-cigs?
The great thing is that the only time I have reached for a larger, sub-ohm device is when my Micro batteries are recharging and unavailable. Having upped my nicotine levels from 6mg to 12mg to compensate for the Micro’s mouth-to-lung style of vaping, I can see myself using the Micro exclusively on a daily basis (once my PCC arrives ) and providing that the parts hold up in the long run. I previously read a glowing ECF review of the Ovale Emini Duo declaring it the greatest cigalike on earth only to read a two-week update declaring it junk - the device had started spitting juice through the mouthpiece and leaking all over the place. That was just one users experience though, I’ve seen others say it’s great. The point is, it’s still early days yet but I have gotten off to a pretty good start with the Micro. Fingers crossed that I can go the distance with this thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread