kanger aero tank or nautilus mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robert walters

May 17, 2015
Toledo oh.
I have heard good things about both. I'm trying to make a decision between the 2 since I'm not rich enough to buy both.
I have both but I suggest the kangar over the natulis, natulis goes through cartamizers a lot, however if you can do coils I suggest the Kanger, assume flavor production & vapor production if built right 28 agw 10 wraps 2mm at 8w or 3.3-3.5v.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I prefer the Nautilus myself , never ever leaks , as simple as it gets to take apart if you desire, It's a piece of cake filling , holds a ton of juice , great airflow control and i have experienced the complete opposite of Robert.

I have never had replacement coils last so long , the BVC coils are fantastic and last me a good two weeks easy of constant vaping , the BDC coils are a different animal altogether .

dangkhoa02106

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2013
VIET NAM
I like Nautilus more than the Kanger but I'm afraid of the wick meterial in it. I don't know if Aspire change the wick meterial to OCC yet (the old coil used ceramic wick). The coil in Nautilus is bigger than Aero, vapor is better, easily to change air hole but the flavor produced by Aero is better (because my friend's Nautilus was used ceramic wick).

nvadasz

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2014
Beverly Hills, Fl, USA
I like Nautilus more than the Kanger but I'm afraid of the wick meterial in it. I don't know if Aspire change the wick meterial to OCC yet (the old coil used ceramic wick). The coil in Nautilus is bigger than Aero, vapor is better, easily to change air hole but the flavor produced by Aero is better (because my friend's Nautilus was used ceramic wick).
If the vendor you order from maintains a fresh supply, you'll be getting the "New Cotton Wicks" Better wicking and long lasting.

Reactions: dangkhoa02106

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
I've just started using the mini nautilus along with my protank 3's and Aerotank MOW's. Both are great. Vapor production is similar, with a slight edge to the nautilus. Flavor is similar, but again with a slight edge to the nautilus. The nautilus coils are a little more tempermental and are more prone to gurgling and flooding. Though it's nowhere near as bad with the mini than it is with pretty much every other aspire tank I've tried. They suck up more juice as well. But the kangers are still my favourite, their dual coils suck up less juice than the mini but don't sacrifice too much actual vapor. They're infinitely more reliable, they never leak, the coils never flood, and they seem to last longer too. Plus you can just screw them together and go. With the mini you gotta screw it on tight enough to not leak, but not too tight or the coil gets stuck in the chimney and is a ..... to get out. Basically just stop screwing the moment there's resistance.

In regards to the BDC vs BVC, the BDC is bottom dual coil, it's two coils set on top of each other going side to side. Those are the first types they made for it. They switched to BVC, or Bottom Vertical Coil, which is one big coil going up and down instead of across inside it. There's two versions of those, try and get the newest cotton ones. They have bigger holes for the juice to get onto the wick, and they're made of cotton instead of the really hard weird crap they used in the first two types. I've just recently tested out all three types, and the cotton wins hands down. Personally i'm just glad I actually found an aspire tank that works for me. The full sized nautilus just leaked and gurgled non stop, the CE5's and ET-S's had the same issues, so I'd sworn off aspire's until my buddy gave me his two mini nauti's and some coils, I figured what the hell I'll try em out, use free coils to get rid of some juice I don't really care for. Well after a week with them I had to run the the store and get a couple boxes of coils lol.

Anyhoo, I ramble on and on. Hope this helps some, honestly you won't be disappointed with either of those tanks. I still have a feeling that these mini's will start screwing up on me though. But I've gone almost the whole year with the kanger stuff and haven't had any issues of relevance.

Happy vaping!

mattman4597

May 13, 2015
I've just started using the mini nautilus along with my protank 3's and Aerotank MOW's. Both are great. Vapor production is similar, with a slight edge to the nautilus. Flavor is similar, but again with a slight edge to the nautilus. The nautilus coils are a little more tempermental and are more prone to gurgling and flooding. Though it's nowhere near as bad with the mini than it is with pretty much every other aspire tank I've tried. They suck up more juice as well. But the kangers are still my favourite, their dual coils suck up less juice than the mini but don't sacrifice too much actual vapor. They're infinitely more reliable, they never leak, the coils never flood, and they seem to last longer too. Plus you can just screw them together and go. With the mini you gotta screw it on tight enough to not leak, but not too tight or the coil gets stuck in the chimney and is a ***** to get out. Basically just stop screwing the moment there's resistance.

In regards to the BDC vs BVC, the BDC is bottom dual coil, it's two coils set on top of each other going side to side. Those are the first types they made for it. They switched to BVC, or Bottom Vertical Coil, which is one big coil going up and down instead of across inside it. There's two versions of those, try and get the newest cotton ones. They have bigger holes for the juice to get onto the wick, and they're made of cotton instead of the really hard weird crap they used in the first two types. I've just recently tested out all three types, and the cotton wins hands down. Personally i'm just glad I actually found an aspire tank that works for me. The full sized nautilus just leaked and gurgled non stop, the CE5's and ET-S's had the same issues, so I'd sworn off aspire's until my buddy gave me his two mini nauti's and some coils, I figured what the hell I'll try em out, use free coils to get rid of some juice I don't really care for. Well after a week with them I had to run the the store and get a couple boxes of coils lol.

Anyhoo, I ramble on and on. Hope this helps some, honestly you won't be disappointed with either of those tanks. I still have a feeling that these mini's will start screwing up on me though. But I've gone almost the whole year with the kanger stuff and haven't had any issues of relevance.

Happy vaping!
Thank you for the info. Very informative. I'm buying mt gf a vape maybe I'll get her one and me the other to see which one is better. Obviously I'd give her the better one for now but I'm very happy with the freemax starre tank I have now. Just a juice hog.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I don't often ask this of people, but take my word for it - the BVC coils last way longer than the Kanger upgraded dual coils and perform better too.
There is one massive caveat to this though. If you are a low power vaper, you may have problems with the Nautilus coils.

I must have 60+ used (cleaned and dismantled) Kanger coils in my box. Average life expectancy 4-5 days. I can get 2 weeks from a BVC. Purely on the money alone I am a fan of the (mini) Nautilus. I still use Kanger, but Subtank at normal power, not subohm wattages.

Vaporizer66

May 7, 2015
have you ever tested to vape before? what you should do is find out if you like a throath hit or not, if you don't like it which I don't either btw, then don't buy the Nautilus beccause it can't handle thick vg juices, max vg is the way to go if you don't like that intence throat hit. I can't speak for the other one you mentioning, but I own the Nautilus and I can't vape it because the thin juices it requires hurt my lungs and throath. if you don't mind a throat hit, then it will probably be a great tank for you, the flavouring is great. for your information, max VG juices have very little to no throath hit and they are a lot thicker and creates more vapor, and juices with more PG in them have a lot of throath hit and are thin juices and creates not so much vapor but more flavour. it's important to chose your tank visely depending on what you like. something I didn't know when I started, and many tanks out there just can't handle thick juices, if you put thick vg in them you just get dry hits which is even worse. the ideal is to find a tank that can handle vg and then find out which blend or mix between vg/pg you like. I'm currently looking for the same. and for this reason I cannot recommend the Aspire Nautilus tanks to beginners unless they like or don't mind a pretty hefty throath hit. cheers :)

Last edited:

NeXtDimensionVaping

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2015
I can't speak for the aerotank because I've never used it, but I am currently using a Nautilus Mini and I like it.

The taste is decent and the vapor production is fantastic for its class. The only negative is that occasional I have noticed a "splash" of e juice in my mouth as another poster has noted. I'm not sure what the cause is, but I fixed the issue by getting a long drip tip.

I have a Geni & Geni Mini, both of which I purchased before the Nautilus. All 3 are comparable , but the Nautilus is superior paired with my iPow 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread