Kanger Aerotank Mega - what I don't like about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
First, I have been strictly using carto tanks. Provides me with the best and most consistant flavor. I hated all clearomizers which is what I started on. I saw the Kanger Mega Tank and figured why not, I will give clearomizers one more chance even though I already have 7 Ibtanks.

Well, I have to say, the Mega Tank is the best clearomizer tank system I have ever used. I have been vaping on it all weekend. I decided to use my most expensive juice on it for testing purposes, Castle Long from Five Pawns.

Great vapor production, great taste, and no gurgling or leaking. The airflow controller works perfectly. But, one problem. It is a cosmetic problem to some degree. When you fill your tank, you turn it upside down, fill, then twist the base on it and turn side up again. When you do that the tank will look like it is 70% empty. Even though you filled it all the way, the juice will go down to the coil which you can't see. Now you have all this wasted space that there was potential to fill but can't.

Basically it looks like I am low on juice all the time. To make it worse, after vaping about 1ml it will look like you barley have anything in the tank even though you do. I like to see my tank full of ejuice when I fill and I like looking at my level of ejuice. When my friend saw my tank he thought I was vaping AIR lol.

Anyone else feel the same way?

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
From what I hear the Mini is really good. But since I knew the dual coil is a juice hog and it barley fills 1.5 mls ( more like 1.3 ) I didn't buy it.

Still pretty ...... off about the Mega. I love this tank, just hate how it looks like I have barley any juice in it. Just imagine looking at your protank 1,2,3 or areo tank with barely any ejuice in it. It will get to you lol

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
New 2, I kind of felt the same way however, after thinking about it,(and now that I am work of course) I am thinking that it can be filled all the way up to the curb inside as long as you keep the seat and the hole clear. I am not going to take it apart here but, If you get a chance check it out.

It my require inserting some sort of bung in the hole. Oh wait! That does'nt sound quite right!..........:laugh:

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
Any tank that you bottom fill is like this. One of the downfalls. The only two that I found that are bottom coil but top fill are the Kumiho i-Tank, which ended up being junk and the Anyvape Davide Mini. They both can be filled near to the top. But one thing with a bottom coil is they rely on vacuum. So they need some air inside or they will flood.

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
Today I refilled mine as far as I could go without overflowing into the "stove pipe." Still had about an 1/8" gap at the top of the glass with no change in production.

Here's the thing, I now really don't care. This tank is a winner! It has been very consistent with good vapor production.

I hope Aspire is looking over their shoulder as the Nauty just got spanked.

snowsnee

Dec 17, 2013
ASTORIA, OREGON USA
I LIKE BUT COILS I CANT REBUILD IT AS GOOD.

Rebuild -Just not as good as the the Kanger coil Mega. I posted how I rebuild it under mega coils this site, you might read, it its very different. Hard TO DO like Protank 3 dual coil not many have rebuilt it. So cost of coils is my only drawback. Works very much better then Aspir Nat. but I can rebuild those thou.

Last edited:

Jonner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Pennsylvania

Alto101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2012
North Carolina
I agree on the empty space. I was sure that I was out of juice last night and turned the tank upside down to check the level, surprise - I had barely used any juice! Other than this, I am loving mine. I also use the ProTank 2 with the airflow controller and prefer the Mega. I will likely order another Mega or two once the price drops a bit.

Thundernoggin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2014
MI
It drives me nuts too. When Kanger went dual coil they wound up with a taller atomizer head. Shortest route to making that fit in the existing design was to shorten the inner pipe and in the process reduced capacity while creating that annoying air bubble at the top. I prefer Protank 2 models because of this. Yep, also juice hogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread