Kanger Coil vertical build with video

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHEAPERS

Feb 6, 2014
northeast
I have finally found the perfect coil build for my Kanger products. I use the Pro-tank 2, The Aerotank, the Evods, and The Smoketech Pyrex Aro 2. The beauty is that this one coils works in all of them in spite of the manufacturers saying different. When I saw the Vertical coil builds on this forum, I was intrigued. I started making them right away but had trouble wicking them and making them consistent. Problem solved by tying the wick on the coil during the build. They are really amazing in any of the tanks. The video is short and sweet, but I thought I might pre-empt a couple of logical questions. The Cotton I am using is from the local craft store. It is sold in the Jewelry making section and is very inexpensive. It's 100% cotton and I do boil it to make it softer and remove any Chemical residues. The spool that you see in the video is a standard tool for making trout fishing flys and you can get one at any sport shop that deals with that. It allows great control over making the coil and works great for micro-coils. Hope this and the video help make it easier for some to do their coils. Good Luck. Happy to answer any questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gVoeCkG04I

P.S. I state in the video (when I looked back) that you won't have enough juice in a twist battery to fire this coil up. That is not true. They work great on any battery. More accurately, I should have stated that unlike the horizontal coils, I can crank my battery to the max and this coil (after broken in) and it will not burn. It just keeps getting better. See ya.

bkVolcom

Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
Kalamazoo, MI
thanks cant wait til i get some kanthal to try this out, nice use of the fly vise and spool, going to dig those out of the garage tomorrow!!! ill have to get kanthal on a spool that will fit in my little winder.

this sounds like a nice upgrade for the kangers, and a lot cheaper than buying their stock coils in the long run...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread