Kanger EVOD battery pin issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cearamm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2013
USA
Hey guys. So i ordered an EVOD starter kit about a month ago and up until yesterday it has been great. One of my batteries stopped firing, however. I know this is definitely a battery pin firing issue as I have tested my clearos on my other batts without issue. I triedusing a nail to see if the pin was jammed, and it was not. Is there anything I can do to repair or solder the connection if it is loose? I cant figure out how to take apart the batt though. To clarify, the light comes on when you press it, but the pin does not fire and it cannot be charged. So im a little confused as to what to do. Thanks for any tips!

Don Robertson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
I made THIS mistake TWICE and then I read here on the forum that:

"Typically - but not always - if using the 'threaded charging adapter' folks tend to OVER TIGHTEN the battery; they also MAY do this when attaching the battery to the tank - pushing the pin inward." This may or may not apply to your situation.

"The THIN insulating sleeve that surrounds the PIN and holds it in place may or may not be visible, however, you should be able to take a SMALL POINTED "tool" such as a sewing needle or pin and GENTLY go around and around the pin lifting it a SMALL AMOUNT - perhaps one or two MILLIMETERS. It usually moves EASILY - so do not lift it too far or it CAN come out of the sleeve." DO NOT PUSH THE BUTTON WHILE USING THE NEEDLE OR PIN as it will create a SHORT and may damage the battery."

"GENTLY screw the battery on to the tank and see if it activates the coil. If not - lift the pin an additional amount and try again."

I realize this may or may not help - but it did help me then and once additionally not long ago. This is the long version of what has already been said in the posts prior to mine; just a different "tool" to lift the pin.

On YOU TUBE (APPLIES TO eGo-C BATTERY -- BUT WORKS ON EVOD AS WELL:
The Center Pin issue! - Fixing a non firing eGo battery - eCigWizard - YouTube
Center Pin Issue - Fixing a non firing eGo battery - YouTube

TAKING IT APART? I personally would NOT do it simply because ONE TINY CHANGE to the PROTECTION CIRCUITS could result in an exploding battery. I'll do the PIN LIFT - but that is all. Soldering that little puppy would be a real pain I imagine.

From Senility Central -- Old Man Don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread