Kanger Evod tank coil head compatabiliy ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shatteredsoul76

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 23, 2014
    Portland, TN, USA
    I searched for a bit and didnt really see if the first edition Kanger evod tank could be rebuilt and/or use a newer coil head like a aerotank? Im wanting to buy a few to go along with my Innokin VV V3 for my go to vape at work since I need stealth mode. I have to keep the mod in my pocket and my job is really physical and up to 90lb boxes that will possibly come into contact with my mod so I need slim profile like a evo comared to my aerotank.

So if I buy a few evod tanks will a coil head from a aerotank work with it? I plan on being able to rebuild them all and vaping on! I know the original evod tank is plastic but I dont vape tank cracker juice to begin with so no worries there.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2014
    Fontana, CA
    monotremata.bandcamp.com
    You should be able to rebuild the original Evod coils.. I have 7 of em that came with my starter kit I got a week or so ago that I plan on reusing forever..

Now as I mentioned in another thread on these things.. I do recall reading that Kanger has made an 'improved' coil design that no longer has the wick sticking out, and these you cant rebuild without destroying them.. I dont know though, if it applies to the old Evod coils, or if its just the newer dual coil designs..

And like was already mentioned, keep in mind the new glass Evod tank is a dual coil one.. Most of the newer dual coil designs wont take the older heads (and vice versa) because they changed the length of the shaft on the coil and the tube inside the tanks..

(I think I got that all right anways :D )

shatteredsoul76

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 23, 2014
    Portland, TN, USA
    Thanks Mono, Im in the same boat as I plan on buying a few evod tanks for my Itaste V3 and rebuilding them for some time to come. I also have a Aerotank and need to stock up on some coil heads that I can use between the both of them. I dont want to have different coil heads just to satisfy both tanks, so Im hoping they are interchangeable as far as heads.

Im only building single coil regardless on how they come new, already running a single 1.8 ohm coil on a aerotank and its vaping flawlessly. The aero was originally a duel coil set-up.

shatteredsoul76

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 23, 2014
    Portland, TN, USA
    I use the single coil in my mini aero-tank without any issues. I feel the dual coil is all hype.

I agree, at least what I read, the dual coil only burns up battery life and the single performs just as well. I dont have enough experience yet to make that call but until I find a great reason to rebuild to dual it will be single coil builds for me.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 6, 2013
    Florida, SW
    would also agree, not really any big improvement using dual coil (bdc) IMO...

but I like some of those bdc tanks, so I bought one and some bdc coils...

after I satisfied in my mind what I thought of the dual coils, I tore them down
    and rebuilt them, but as a single coil (bcc) , success – I got my cool new tanks,
    and now they roll as a single coil (win+win)

- http://www.sun-vapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Protank-3-head-comparison.jpg
    - http://d13z1xw8270sfc.cloudfront.net/origin/137599/upgraded_dual_coil_1_635379411552340306.jpg
    - http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/server4...ed_images/kanger-coils-chart.jpg?t=1400507048

basically two kanger bottom coil types – old bcc & new bdc

:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread