Kanger horizontal coil 2.0 ohm carto review

Status
Not open for further replies.

foe1one

May 17, 2011
Kentucky
In short, the best single coil cartomizer I've ever used. I've tried Boge, Joye, you name it, aswell as the Dual Coils, G4, vortex and 3 different versions of CE2 including the new frosty tubes, and sapphires, these have been the best hands down. For reference, I use a home made 14500 box mod with my cartos, strictly 3.7 volts, and I vape 40% VG juice. These produce good vapor, better than boges, similar to dual coils, not quite as much as a CE2, but the flavor is much better than all of them. I've had a problem with cartomizers muting methols and these don't, fruit flavors come through cleanly, where as dessert types are good, not as good as dripping of course, but still better than other cartos. I don't use tobacco flavors, so I can't comment on that. The Draw on these is just right for me, it's not airy, not stiff, it's.... just right. One interesting thing is, there is no popping when you vape, unlike other polyfil cartomizers. All around good stuff.

Oh yeah, and they are quite beastly in my j-tank, so if any of you have liquinators or similar shorty carto tanks, keep that in mind.

Last edited:

atom48

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2009
Colorado
Have you (or anyone) compared the Kanger HC cartomizer to the Joye 510 cartomizer that has been out for quite a while, and is also a "horizontal" coil?

I would really be interested in such information since I currently use the Joye's. However, their "life" seems much shorter now than when I began using them @ 9 months ago.

Thanks in advance.

Major

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Panama City, Florida
www.ggecig.com
Yes these are not just good, they are great cartos. Kanger used this technology in their fat bat "Go-Go" series first and I can tell you they are awesome after many months of using them.

Best of all, Bruce carries both the 510 and the 808's so no matter your preference, there is a matured Kanger horizontal coil carto for your needs. While all cartos are disposables, the nature of their design facilitates easier cleaning and reuse of the same piece if needed.

They are cheap enough that most wont need that feature but if you find yourself between supply orders or stock incoming, these can be reused with ease that the vertical coils simply don't allow. :thumbs:

....They are cheap enough that most wont need that feature but if you find yourself between supply orders or stock incoming, these can be reused with ease that the vertical coils simply don't allow. :thumbs:

Great! I have some on order now. Is there a recommended way of cleaning them? On the Boge-type, I typically boil them for about 15 minutes, then blow them out and let them dry for 24 hrs or so.

Major

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Panama City, Florida
www.ggecig.com
I would say your normal method of cleaning would work fine for most applications. For rare times when Bruce may not have stock or in a tight, the horizontal coils actually lend themselves to being rebuilt using Fluval as a replacement filler (or your filler of choice) and dry burning the coil when there is no filler in them.

It's a laborious process really and at the cost of these that Bruce has, not really warranted except in cases mentioned. I have used that method on many of the large capacity ones when they were close to 4 bucks a pop many months ago. But again, at CoV's prices this method of cleaning is reserved for extreme need! :laugh:

I would say your normal method of cleaning would work fine for most applications. For rare times when Bruce may not have stock or in a tight, the horizontal coils actually lend themselves to being rebuilt using Fluval as a replacement filler (or your filler of choice) and dry burning the coil when there is no filler in them.

It's a laborious process really and at the cost of these that Bruce has, not really warranted except in cases mentioned. I have used that method on many of the large capacity ones when they were close to 4 bucks a pop many months ago. But again, at CoV's prices this method of cleaning is reserved for extreme need! :laugh:

Great..thanks! According to the tracking info, I should get the cartos today....very anxious to try them ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread