Kanger Protank(2) Coil Rebuild Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Kanger Protank(2) coil assembly consists of: Base, coil (Kanthal wire plus silica wick), rubber grommet, pin, cap, and washers. After a number of rebuilds (seems to be an average of five), the rubber grommet that holds the coil to the base is deteriorating with cuts that are caused by the wire and charring due to the coil heat. It seems a shame to throw the entire assembly away because of a worn out grommet. Does anyone know if just the grommet can be purchased?

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I just bought some of these for my Kanger coils. I haven't received them yet, so I can't say for sure if they will work as-is or need some sort of modification.

Anyway, if I can't get them to work it's really no big deal. I view rebuilding the coils like I do reloading ammunition. Some of the parts have a usable life before they need to be tossed - brass cases for example. Stuff just wears out. So if I can rebuild a coil even 5 times before I need to toss it and buy a new coil assembly, that's still a win.

Moodyfisherman

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
City of Destiny, Wa
I just bought some of these for my Kanger coils. I haven't received them yet, so I can't say for sure if they will work as-is or need some sort of modification.

Anyway, if I can't get them to work it's really no big deal. I view rebuilding the coils like I do reloading ammunition. Some of the parts have a usable life before they need to be tossed - brass cases for example. Stuff just wears out. So if I can rebuild a coil even 5 times before I need to toss it and buy a new coil assembly, that's still a win.

The link isn't working for me......I am curious now to what you found.

Moody

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
The link isn't working for me......I am curious now to what you found.

Moody

I found some rubber grommets from a seller on ebay. The link works for me, but you could try searching ebay for the seller "lightningvapes" or just search for "evod insulator". Hope that works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread