Kanger protank + iTaste compatability issue (battery pole to short)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jalmar

Nov 12, 2012
Sweden
Hi veterans.

I received my protank a few days ago and i absolutely love it! The problem is i can't get it to work with my favorite battery, the innokin iTaste.

It's the regular iTaste not the mvp, it is the updated version with a fixed 510-connection without magnetic connectors.

I have never had an issue with the iTaste using different Vision vivi nova tanks. I also use a few Joytech twists and they all work fine on both novas and the protank.

It seems that the center battery pole on the iTaste is 1-2 mm to short to reach the pole on the protank. I'd rather not pull out the pin in the bottom of the protank head in fear of leakage or messing up the coil.

I was thinking about carefully using my soldering pen to apply a small drop of "metal" on the connection but this seem to be a risky solution. Filing down the top of the iTaste connector is also out of the question since the protank ego sleeve would not let the tank any closer anyway.

So what are my options?

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Usually one would pry up the center post of the batt and/or the clearo, but 2mm would be quite a gap. I'd be tempted to put a spot of solder on, perhaps puting a 'cup' around the post to keep the solder off the negative outside. A 510 to 510 adapter might work and cheaper to experiment on raising the center pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread