Kanger Protank vs. iClear 30 - My initial review (pics on SVD and Tesla)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debian Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2011
VA
XoomFAQ.com
First off I would like to say that I have had the iClear 30 since almost day one and have been for the most part happy. So when I received my ProTank I knew it would have to be VERY good to sway me away from the iClear. So far I have been more than pleased but anything works well for a little while. I will check back in a few weeks.

PROS of the iClear

• Easy to load
  • Great wicking till near the bottom
  • 4-5 tanks before it needs a cleaning or replacement wick assembly
  • Easy to read juice measurement on the side

CONS of the iClear
  • Cleaning is not that easy. You can soak it in everclear then try to brush off the "gunk" but I really think these things are designed to toss.
  • Tight draw
  • Plastic/Acrylic tank
  • Flavor is a bit muted when you put the same juice in a cartomister

PROS of the ProTank
  • Draw is amazing! This thing makes more "clouds of vapor" than anything I have ever had in my possession. The iClear is no slouch but it does not create the same level of vapor with the same effort.
  • Wicking is a non-issue being it is bottom fed
  • Glass tank
  • It does not look like it but, my syringe says it holds 3 MLs of juice

CONS of the ProTank
  • Expensive replacement heads
  • Not "difficult" to fill but more work than the iClear since you have to remove it from your PV
  • Looks like a nipple! Not that I have anything against boobs just seems a bit perverted looking

Here they are sitting on my Tesla and on my Itazte SVD and disassembled in to all their parts then a side by side

Tanks2013-04-03_4372.jpg Tanks2013-04-03_4371.jpg
Tanks2013-04-03_4370.jpg Tanks2013-04-03_4369.jpg
Tanks2013-04-03_4373.jpg

Last edited:

typo_joe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2013
South Carolina Coast
Nice review / highlights. I recently purchased both of these tanks and love them both. I've put a few tanks through the iClear30, but I just got the Protank earlier this evening. So far, I'm loving the Protank. Not that the iClear30 is a bad tank, but if both tanks were filled with the same juice, I'd reach for the Protank.

fourtwizzy

Verified Member
Apr 6, 2013
southern connecticut
iClear 30 deserves one more CON:

It loves to flood when you fill even remotely close to the top off 3ml marker, it'll flood and flood until you get down a bit then it calms down.

Same thing happens on mine. I will order a protank soon they seem to be great from what I've seen people write!

TJ2Q

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2013
NE Ohio
ooo... this is such good news! I just got an iClear30 today and am very impressed with it! So, if you are vouching for the ProTank... that just means I have to get one for my collection :)

I will say though, I overfilled my iClear by accident b/c i wasn't paying attention at the time (almost covered the top wick set entirely) and didn't have any flooding issues. The juice is 100% PG too. Not going to push my luck on that aspect of it again though.

MadKat

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2012
United States
I have loved everything about the vape I get from my iclear 30 except that it leaks....a lot! That bugs me because otherwise it's a great vape! I just filled my first kanger protank. It's airy and cooler, but so far so good! I've been reading a lot about this protank gurgling and leaking but so far I haven't had that problem. Will check back in if it does :)

nadja2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2013
Malaysia
this has been great help. i started with a ce4, moved on to vivi novas which had worked for me but recently got very ...... because it's ok until.. i try to replace the wicks. they never seem to fit into the tank/i can never screw it back down. so, buy new tank over n over n over again. blooody mad. the last 2 tanks was ok for 2 fills then went dead on me. it's the weekend and i have no clue where i can get tanks to vape :( i am ordering a few iclears with replacement heads for emergencies. i hope i can find and buy the protank too.

Debian Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2011
VA
XoomFAQ.com
iClear 30 deserves one more CON:

It loves to flood when you fill even remotely close to the top off 3ml marker, it'll flood and flood until you get down a bit then it calms down.

Well truth be told I have never overfilled it because i wanted to make sure it was wicking correctly. That is the "usual issue" I have with these things.

DV has the ProTank coil heads for 5.96 a five pack and the ProTank for 18.99.:)
Kanger ProTank Coil Replacement - 5 Pack 2.4 ohms

WOW! I thought it was going to be per... not per pack I will have to change my CON!

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Well I broke my first Protank today. It worked perfect for two weeks but after dropping it quite a few times the glass either cracked or broke loose under the bottom ring and it started leaking. It is toast but thank goodness I got another one in the mail today so I'm going to try and be more careful with this one because I really like the vape and I won't receive anymore for a couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread