Kanger T2 short vs long wicks

Status
Not open for further replies.

BumbleBee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2012
SouthEastern PA, USA
So, Sunday, I went down to my semi-local vaopr shop with the intent to look for a replacement tube for one of my Nova's and get some juice.

Needless to say, I left with more than I went in looking for (ain't that always the case???). No tube, but a few Kanger T2's to try out.

The tanks themselves came with short wicks (the style with the bottom rubber cup thing) and I got a "long" wick replacement coil.

We filled one right there at the shop, with the short wicks, and it vapes amazingly!!! Good taste, good vapor, not a dry or burnt hit in sight!

So, I took the other one home, and took out the short wick it came with, and replaced it with the long wick coil. Burnt taste everywhere!!! UGH!!! I worked with it for about an hour. Then, gave up and took it out and put the short wick coil in there. Once again, awesome!

So, my question is ... can I just cut the wicks on the "long" version, move that little plastic wicking cup thing to other head, and will it act like a short wick version? Or is there some other difference? (wick material, something, anything?)

In the end, that's what I am going to try, because honestly, it's worthless to me in the state it's in. The burnt taste is overwhelming. I just was wondering what I should expect when I actually go ahead and do it?

HPloco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
I get around
I have the same issue. I've tried to cut the wicks and put the bottom cap on the heads. It just doesn't work it you look closely the long wick heads have a larger gap were the top cap is, at least in my case. That is why I believe that they are from different suppliers. The long wicks feel softer then the short wick and they seam to be tightly woven. They might work great in high PG 90-100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread