Kanger T3 gurgling

Status
Not open for further replies.

nycwhodat

Sep 13, 2013
Baton Rouge, LA
Thanks for all the assistance!

After reading back over this today it looks like I have conflicting feedback. At least one post says that Kanger coils are now interchangeable and another says that they are not. Now I am confused.

"The coils are different than those for ProTanks and EVODS... You CAN use a T3 coil in a ProTank - but you CAN'T use a ProTank coil in a T3."

"FYi- Kanger has gone to a universal coil now. Evod coils do fit and work in the new T3S base with the old and new T3s."

Can anyone confirm which is correct?

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Thanks for all the assistance!

After reading back over this today it looks like I have conflicting feedback. At least one post says that Kanger coils are now interchangeable and another says that they are not. Now I am confused.

"The coils are different than those for ProTanks and EVODS... You CAN use a T3 coil in a ProTank - but you CAN'T use a ProTank coil in a T3."

"FYi- Kanger has gone to a universal coil now. Evod coils do fit and work in the new T3S base with the old and new T3s."

Can anyone confirm which is correct?

I have Evods, Protanks and T3s. The same coils fit them all. There have only ever been long stemmed and short stemmed coils. My Evod and Protank coils work in everything that I have.

ETA- I am pretty sure that the new "Universal" coil is the short stemmed.

nycwhodat

Sep 13, 2013
Baton Rouge, LA
Ok Great. After submitting that post I went online and the Kanger replacement coils are advertised as pro tank/EVOD coils. I actually could not find any replacement T3s coils. So I assumed that the feedback I would get would tell me that they are universal. That is not to say that they do not exist (replacement T3s coils), I just could not find them on any of the vendor sites that I currently use.

Thanks again.

Chrispixx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2012
Buffalo,N.Y.
I have three of the T3s and only one gurgles when getting low about 1 ml juice left, and that one has the thinnest juice out of the three. my solution.. refill it when it starts to gurgle. not a big deal because i have a case and carry juice with me.

Flipping the silicone cup is not a solution for gurgling, i have read it is a solution for dry hits as it lets more juice around the wicks.

chansen

Oct 15, 2013
Farnborough, UK
I had the same problem with a couple of cheapo EVOD tanks. They had short stemmed coils as well, and gurgled to an unacceptable degree, including the occasional mouthful of ejuice.

I found this tip on the tube Fix to the gurgling leaking EVOD - YouTube

Your mileage may vary, but it worked for me. It is important that the extra top seal is upside down.

Palantir1120

Nov 26, 2013
Maine
I use the Kanger T3S exclusively. I get the gurgling at about 1/3 tank. I also get very minor leaking (with one of my juices) at that same point. From what I have read, its the vacuum and nothing can really be done to change it. Flaw in design? Not sure, but I do not let that bother me. I have 2 tanks and fill them every morning before work. I will never vape 2 full tanks a day so I don't let it bother me. If you find something else out and find a cure for the gurgling please let me know.

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
I did buy the new t3 base that uses the pro head. Yes the work. I them bought 2 t3s. They are the way to go.

I had the same issue you did. I found the gurgling when low can happen with the T3S as well. I found that after re-wicking with cotton and adding flavor wicks until there is no gap in the wick openings and the post mounts fixes it for me. It actually tightens the draw a little as well. As for it muting the flavor, I find that the cotton over silica allows more flavor through. I also wipe the bottom of the air tube lightly with a q-tip after filling and do not push the air tube silicone gasket all the way down to the wicks. I let screwing the base on seat it for me. Blowing through the air tube will only make the flooding worse. I am actually vaping an MT3S right now that has only enough liquid to cover the wicks as I type this. When I do get gurgling when using the silica wicks that come with new heads, I just take a few VERY light draws or let it sit upright for a while and it usually goes away. Sometimes tightening the clearomizer onto the battery the tiniest little bit helps too. Hope some of this works for you, it does for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread