Not open for further replies.

gjustin79

Coil Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
So I like to change flavors, a lot.

I also pick up samples of some flavors I like at the store and end up hating them after I vape them for a while.

I am currently soaking one of my mt3s in 91% alcohol for the first time rather than just hot water. I plan on switching from a fruity melon flavor to a darker more subtle flavor (graham cracker).

When I just used the hot water, the tank still smelled like the old flavor and the new flavor tasted like ..... Fruity, nasty chocolate or whatever I had. Ruined the tank in my opinion.

Is there any recommendations as to how to COMPLETELY get rid of the old flavor?? How long should I soak in alcohol etc?

I will post an update tomorrow after I've soaked in alc, rinsed with hot water and let dry overnight.. But just thought I should ask if there's anything extra I could do so my new graham cracker flavor doesn't taste like fruity .....

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
If the tank still smells like the old flavor, it may be that your juice has reacted adversely with the poly. If that's the case, it's time for a new one, and time to look at pyrex for that juice. Once it's etched, I don't think you'll have much luck with it.

If it's the head that smells, then a dry burn may clean it up for you. Wiggle off the air tube, remove the flavor wicks that sit on top of the coil. (Odds are you won't be able to reuse those. I replace with cotton yarn. Others use cotton from swabs, and other organic materials. Or two strands of 1mm silica wick.) Dry burn until clean, re-rinse. Replace flavor wicks and air tube.

Overnight drying isn't absolutely necessary. As long as the base portion is dry, so you don't get water onto the battery, you can go ahead and re-assemble and use. The first few draws may be pretty light as you boil out the remaining water, then it's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread