Kanger Toptank Mini "Test Mode"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExtremeDooty

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2017
Michigan
I have a Toptank mini and have not seen this message. Is it possible you inserted the battery upside down the first time? That's not it. I just answered my own question by putting a battery in upside down. It didn't power up at all. No help here..Sorry. Someone will be along with a better answer.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
I have a Toptank mini and have not seen this message. Is it possible you inserted the battery upside down the first time? That's not it. I just answered my own question by putting a battery in upside down. It didn't power up at all. No help here..Sorry. Someone will be along with a better answer.
You know I was going to post that info --:). No --I did not put the battery in wrong. Battery was fully charged and a good battery. First time I ever saw that!

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I don't know for sure, but I'm willing to bet that your finger was on one of the buttons as soon as the device recognized a correctly inserted battery.

Folks don't realize that the device needs power to recognize the "five clicks on sequence." And there are some devices (like the Pico 75) that have to be five-clicked off to perform certain functions like flipping the screen display 180 degrees. I think one of the sigelei devices needs a battery door opened while holding a button to do a factory reset, or closed while doing so. Some phones also need arcane little sequences.

Somewhere out there, there's a mod with a program in it that is waiting for a user to insert a battery while holding three buttons and a tongue in the 510. That will activate Skynet and summon this guy.

upload_2018-4-23_12-23-57.png

• Winner
Reactions: chellie

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Somewhere out there, there's a mod with a program in it that is waiting for a user to insert a battery while holding three buttons and a tongue in the 510. That will activate Skynet and summon this guy.

I have that mod. That guy can sure be useful when someone owes you money. I summon him and send him to collect.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
I don't know for sure, but I'm willing to bet that your finger was on one of the buttons as soon as the device recognized a correctly inserted battery.

Folks don't realize that the device needs power to recognize the "five clicks on sequence." And there are some devices (like the Pico 75) that have to be five-clicked off to perform certain functions like flipping the screen display 180 degrees. I think one of the Sigelei devices needs a battery door opened while holding a button to do a factory reset, or closed while doing so. Some phones also need arcane little sequences.

You are probably correct. I've worked on slot machines and there is a sequence to get into test mode. I just usually pop off the back, take out the battery and put the fresh one in (without even really looking) so maybe I did engage the fire button and that put it in test mode.

Could not find any info on how to access Kanger Test Mode so I just may try to do it on purpose so I can see what type of diagnostics they have.

Glad the scary guy didn't show up :)

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread