Kanger Toptank vs Subtank mini RTA pin length?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiatrix

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2015
I've been dealing with a the Subtank mini for almost a year, trying to ghetto-rig the RTA deck to work, since the pin isn't long enough to make a connection with my mod (and I hate buying replacement attys, so rebuildable is the only option for me). My solution has stopped working and the whole thing is pissing me off, so I was thinking of just buying a new tank and I'm specifically looking at the Toptank mini, since I like the top-fill option quite a bit anyway. Now, I've noticed that the juice holes are smaller on that rebuildable deck and I'm hoping that doesn't pose much of a wicking issue, and I'm hoping that it doesn't have leaking problems when set on its side, since I like to toss it in my purse when I go out...

But what I'm really wondering is if they have resolved the issue with the length of the pin on the rebuildable deck in this model. Has anyone had a problem with it making the connection (like many had with the Subtank mini)? For reference, the mod I use is a Vaporshark rDNA40 with a spring-loaded pin.

Also, anything else I should note about the Toptank mini vs the Subtank mini, feel free to mention.

Thanks!

Fiatrix

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2015
They use the exact same RTA so I have no clue why you would want to use the same thing you say you are having issues with now. The base is only slightly different and you can interchange the bases between Top and Sub.
Not everyone has had an issue with the rebuildable deck on the Subtank mini, which leads me to think perhaps this well-known issue has been resolved within the company. Considering the Toptank mini is newer and supposedly improved, it may have a longer pin on that deck than my tank has -- which is what I'm asking. Other than the pin length and the fact that I have to remove it from my mod to fill it, I love the tank. So I'm considering the Toptank, if the pin issue is resolved now. The rebuildable deck is not exactly the same (smaller and higher juice holes, for example), but yes they are interchangeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread