Not open for further replies.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Many of you know that I am a fan and user of Kanger tanks and that I only use factory stock coils. Recently, new and known 0.5Ω genuine coils, be they Kanthal or Stainless wire units, have consistently been reading between 0.60Ω and 0.68Ω. This is using any one of five Picos and even my Vamos (Those won't fire the coil, but they do read it and round up to the nearest 0.1Ω). I no longer have a multimeter (lost in a move).

This is not a bad pack--unless I've gotten three bad packs in a row. Having gotten the same readings across various devices says that it's not a bogus reading. It's not a problem for me--just an odd annoyance.

Anyone else seen this?

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I've had a similar problem with the nickel kanger coils. they work and last the same but do have a higher reading than advertised. maybe just a Alabama thing?

Heh... Hey neighbor! I haven't had any problems, either. I'm ok with it. Just found it odd and wondered if I was alone in noticing.

I wonder if a big lot of coils wound up too long for some reason. that sort of thing can happen. Both buying them from the same place maybe?

Hmmm... That might explain it. Though that's Kanthal, SS and Nickel showing the same issue.

*wants to make "alabama thing" jokes but cant think of any*

Just holler "ROLL TIDE!" and you'll be fine. :D[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread