The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

KangerTech Top EVOD is hitting very poorly, too airy, not strong. What can I check?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by pablo the fish, Jan 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. pablo the fish

pablo the fish New Member

Jan 9, 2019
    Hey,

Just got a new vape: KangerTech Top EVOD. I let the girl in the store show me how to change the coils and she filled it for me.

It hits terribly. I've never used this brand/type before so I don't know if it's just how it is or if something was loosened by the girl at the store or if it's defective.... or what.

Has anyone else had this issue? What could I try?

2. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    The evidence is a MTL device. Are you normally used to DL?

3. Storm52

Storm52 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 27, 2014
    Shreveport, LA
    Welcome to the forum. What were you using prior to the evod? It is considered a starter kit and sells for about $10. Make sure it is fully charged.

4. pablo the fish

Jan 9, 2019
    I started using a vape in 2014-ish and I have no idea what brand it was... Then I stopped. My friend got me hooked on Juul this winter but it's way too expensive. I needed something I could refill.

5. pablo the fish

Jan 9, 2019
    This post talks about an EVOD device (not the same but that's alright) pulling/hitting too hard. Users suggest that some of the air holes are clogged... I wonder if I could just cover mine.... I wonder if something isn't tight enough (or too tight) from when the girl showed me how to change the coils and fill it?

Has anyone ever had similar issues, and resolved them, after changing the coils?

6. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Less air shouldn’t make it hit harder, quite the opposite. Also you risk burning. If the coil wasn’t inserted right it would most likely leak or just not work at all.

7. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Do a search on YOU TUBE for the tank you are using. You'll find some tutorials and reviews that you can watch and learn from.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Topwater Elvis

Topwater Elvis Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    The top evod 'tank' doesn't have adjustable airflow, the airflow / inhale resistance is fixed, if it is too airy / easy to inhale you can try covering one air hole with a finger to see what happens.
    Covering more than one probably would end up with burnt taste.

The battery/power device has ego & 510 threading, you can try a different delivery device with adjustable airflow.
    Be best to look for one that has replacement heads in the 1.2Ω - 2.0Ω range.
    Even better would be to buy an overall better set up.
    Something like the Innokin Kroma A with Zenith tank kit.

You can't expect much from a $10 - $14 all in one kit that uses 3 - 4 year old technology.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. chellie

chellie Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    Sometimes a coil change can help but that is just not a super strong device. You are using the VOCC coils? I know they used to come in 1.5 and 1.8 resistance. I'd recommend a different device. I use a Kanger subvod (mega I think they call it)with a toptank that I carry as a backup.

Kanger SUBVOD Mega Starter kit (if you look around you can find it for much less expensive)

It is a very similar concept so you would not have an issue using it- built-in battery (better battery - lasts longer) with a tank that you refill and can change the coils but it is a more powerful device, has a better coil and you can grow with it so it can save you $'s in the long run.

For example - you could use the megavod just as is with the drop-in coils like you are now -- and you will enjoy it much more. Good flavor, good vapor. There is more of a selection of coil resistances so you can experiment with a few different levels to see which one you like best.

How you can grow with it is that the toptank mini is a real decent tank and can be used on other batteries or mods as you grow plus as you grow you can experiment with temperature control mode which takes a different coil PLUS if you stick with it you can go even more advanced. You can even learn how to make your own coils with it. If you are cost conscious that will save you even more money because if you do go that route you would not have to buy the more expensive coils and many of us agree that you get an even better experience if you make your own coils.

Of course, right now you are concerned with finding something that works as is. Since you tried in the past and then stopped and then liked the Juul I think you need a better device to start with to help you succeed.

My opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    Pods and stick cig carts can get pricey but worth the cost to wean you off smokes.
    The information below may help you to obtain a good foundation of vaping knowledge.
    Learn About Vaping Here - Everything Ecigs - From Beginner To Advanced
    Learn What Vaping is and How to Inhale Properly - Vaping360
    https://spinfuel.com/new-vapers-start/
    ECigarette Academy: Essential Need to Know for New Vapers
    Beginner Archives - Guide To Vaping
    Vaping 101: An Ultimate Guide Focusing on Basics for Beginners
    6 Quick & Useful Vaping Tips for Beginners
    (10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
    (1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum

11. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Hi Pablo. It just may be your technique. Evod is a very basic, entry-level e-cig, and is only capable of delivering rather modest and tight vapor, suitable for mouth to lung vaping. Watch this video--go to 3:45 sec. He demonstrates how to properly use an Evod and how much vapor you can expect from it. If that's not what you're looking for, get something more powerful. Good luck!

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.