Kangertech - Vola 100w TC Kit 2000mAh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the Vola 100W TC Kit from Kangertech. The Vola 100W TC Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Jokin from Kangertech.

kangertech

In the Box

Contents:

1x VOLA mod
1x VOLA tank 2ml/4ml
1x R2-OCC Nicr 0.4ohm
1x R8-OCC Nicr 0.2ohm
1x Micro USB cable
1x Manual

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Vola kit comes in rather nice packaging very similar to what we have seen from another manufacturer. The box is in a sleeve, this box has another box in the lid section which is where you would find the USB cable and Manuel and a flap that can be pulled up in the bottom section revealing the device, tank and spare coil, all neatly in compartments in a plastic tray. The device is very pocket friendly and light, it is boxed shaped but due to it's small size and no sharp edges is very ergonomically sound. On all colour versions the entire front and back of the device is a black mirrored finish (so a fingerprint magnet) also with black buttons, the rest of the device is the colour of choice. I received the black version so it is entirely black, other options are, Orange, Red, Blue, Grey and Green. The Vola tank is Black with all colour options but has coloured o-rings to match the device. The front of the device houses the 1.3 inch colour screen at the top and the back of the device is plain. Down one side of the device we have a large round fire button at the top and further down smaller round up and down buttons, at the bottom is the USB port. The spine and base of the device is plain apart for black on black safety stamps and branding to the base. Finally the top of the device we have a gold plated, spring loaded 510 sitting centrally.

Vola Tank Specs

Diameter: 25mm
Height: 43mm
Capacity: 2ml/ 4ml
Body Material: Stainless Steel
Thread: Gold-plated 510 connection
Powerful R2 & R8 heads for huge vapor and optimal flavor
Convenient top filling design
Adjustable bottom airflow control
Removable structure for easy cleaning
Colours: Orange, Black, Red, Blue, Green, Grey

Vola Tank Overview

The Vola is a decent tank especially for a tank included in a kit, and very simple to use. The bottom and top unscrew and the glass can be easily removed, coils screw into the base and the tank screws back together with no drama's. The only difference between the 4ml and 2ml version is there is 2 bung sections in the top of the tank to reduce capacity with the 2ml version. The bungs can be removed but need the help of something like a screwdriver to prise them free so remove the glass first. Unscrewing the top reveals 2 generous fill slots, fill the tank and screw the top back on, wait a couple of minutes taking pulls without firing from time to time then your good to vape. I also tried a couple of other tanks on the Vola Mod so i only used the pre-installed 0.4 coil rated at between 40 - 80w and found good flavour and very decent cloud at 50w, the flavour won't blow you away but it's very decent. The other coil is a 0.2 with similar rating 50 - 90w, the tank comes with a removable drip tip which has a standard 510 fitting. The airflow is smooth and adjusts very easily without being loose enough to move without help, i found i only needed the airflow about half open.

Vola Mod Specs:

Size: 74mm x 25mm x 44mm
Battery capacity: Built-in 2000mAh
Max output wattage: 100W
Mode: VW/TC(Ni/Ti/SS)/TCR(M1/M2/M3)
TC range: 100-315°C/200-600°F
Screen: 1.3-inch TFT display
Thread: 510 thread
DIY WATT and TEMP Curve
Beginner/Intermediate/Expert modes
Colours: Orange, Black, Red, Blue, Green, Grey

Using the Vola

The Vola is another of Kangertech's grow with the vaper kits, having Beginner, Intermediate and Expert modes, which in my opinion is a great idea. The Vola is the normal 5 clicks on and 5 clicks off and when you first use the Vola it will be set in beginner mode. The screen has 5 battery indicator dashes at the top to give you a good idea of battery status and underneath this is your wattage (when using temp control this will be temperature). Then we have coil resistance, volts and the puff counter. At the bottom of the screen is a time vaped line which has a little running man who moves across the line as you vape. When in beginner mode all you can do is alter the wattage and vape, however there are combination presses that work in any mode. Fire and up together locks and unlocks the device, up and down together allows you to alter the screen brightness and finally fire and down brings up the list of modes. Choosing intermediate now gives you the three temp control wires as well as the previous wattage mode allowing the user to have a dabble with temp control if they so wish. To move between the different options is 3 clicks of the fire button. The last mode is expert which brings up TCR memory slots, again 3 clicks of the fire button moves between the slots, their are 3 in total. Also in expert mode there is a combination key press to bring up custom curves. To get to custom curves you need to press up, down and fire all together and this combination key press only works when in expert mode. The custom curve screen has the mode at the top which you can change between wattage or your 3 temp control wires, when on a temp control wire top left is wattage, which can be altered (this is for setting wattage in temp control). There is a graph underneath which allows you to custom set the 10 seconds of vape time. That's it, even in expert mode the device is very user friendly and simple to use. Despite being a coloured screen the only colour used is cyan but it's worth mentioning how clear and crisp the display is.

Performance

The Vola is a sound performer giving accurate wattage. I have a couple of Prince tanks with coils i wouldn't use by choice as they are too high wattage so i gave one of them some action (it looked a bit silly on top of the stealthy Vola) to check if the Vola did the claimed 100w. I don't have software to give charts but unless i'm a poor judge it's definitely doing the full 100w. I also tried the Berserker Mini at only 12w and the device was nice and quiet, the Vola is a really good device. You can fit 25mm tanks without overhang. The only real negative is battery life, if you are vaping at 50w plus, 2000mAh just doesn't last that long i really think the Vola needed to be 3000mAh.

Conlusion

A really good starter kit allowing the device to grow with the vaper. As the user gets more experienced more features can be chosen to become available.

Pros

Beginner, Intermediate, Expert modes
Nice design
Pocket Friendly
Easy to use
Nice responsive buttons
Colour Screen
Screen clear and crisp
Custom Curves
Temp Control
Not Underpowered
Comfortable in hand
Grow with vaper
Vola tank very decent

Cons

Inbuilt battery
2000mAh not great battery life
Over 25mm tanks will overhang
Fingerprint Magnet

I would once again like to thank Jokin from Kangertech for supplying the Vola 100W TC Kit for the purpose of this review.

kangertech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread