• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum
Status
Not open for further replies.

kdd121s

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2009
US Central Standard Time
At the last South West MO Regional Meeting, we discussed the idea of arranging monthly meetings for other regions in Missouri. This thread is for the Kansas City, MO area meetings. I guess we will start the ball rolling with some initial questions. 1st: should we have the meetings at the beginning, middle or end of every month? 2nd: what day of the week works best for everyone on average? 3rd: what time of day works best for everyone on average? 4th: what part of the city should the meetings be held? 5th: should we rotate which part of the city we meet at every month? 6th: what venues within the city should we hold the meetings at? These are just some starting questions to get the discussion ball rolling.

This thread is going to be a sticky so that new people can add their ideas and so that we can adjust things as problems arise. By problems I mean things that might necessitate changing: day, time, city, venue, etc. This will also allow people to arrange car pooling if necessary. As this meeting thread is for Kansas City area vapers in Missouri, I assume someone in that area will take the helm when it comes to organizing the meetings. I hope that this will be a helpful starting point for discussing monthly meetings in the Kansas City area.

Last edited:

timothymass

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
Springfield, Mo
Hmmm, we had to move after my daughters brain surgery, so sadly no more pool parties :-( , But we could put together something for the end of the month in KC. How about a nice BBQ by a local lake (weather permitting)?

I think what we were trying to do is stem out into multiple chapters sounds kinda like a biker gang lol the nico gang of south west mo. I am sorry to here that your daughter had to go through that i hope she is better now.

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
You KC-area folks should try to organize a local meetup! There are several members in the area, and it doesn't have to be a big deal. It could be as simple as 3 or 4 people having lunch, drinks, or converging on a picnic table in the park. Who knows? You might even like each other! :D

Any ideas for a location, Cyia?

Cyia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Independence, Missouri
You KC-area folks should try to organize a local meetup! There are several members in the area, and it doesn't have to be a big deal. It could be as simple as 3 or 4 people having lunch, drinks, or converging on a picnic table in the park. Who knows? You might even like each other! :D

Any ideas for a location, Cyia?

I would say the plaza fountain but parking down there is a pain in the ..... And then there is always westport, I know raytown still has smoking in some of the bars there so vaping inside wouldn't be a problem. I'm not much of the go out on the town every week type of person So me choosing a place that's comfy and for everyone is probably not a good idea LOL. If anyone has any ideas I'm all ears though! I'd love to get together and have a monthly meet up with fellow vapers in town :)

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
... I'm not much of the go out on the town every week type of person So me choosing a place that's comfy and for everyone is probably not a good idea LOL ...

I dunno, sounds like you've already had more/better ideas than anyone else in this thread. Besides, if the other folks in your area were "Socialites", there would already be a meet planned. ;) maybe a more low-key, casual venue is just the thing to get a couple of these couch potatos out of the house for a change :D

Cyia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Independence, Missouri
I dunno, sounds like you've already had more/better ideas than anyone else in this thread. Besides, if the other folks in your area were "Socialites", there would already be a meet planned. ;) maybe a more low-key, casual venue is just the thing to get a couple of these couch potatos out of the house for a change :D

That would be nice! LOL

Cyia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Independence, Missouri
Maybe we should just think of places where we could vap without any problems, the only places I can think of is out doors.

Only other place is a bar in Raytown that allows smoking. Guess we could always go and ask places but without freaking people out or reserving a room of some sort I'm just not sure where either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread