Kat’s Kalamari Klub (Squid Industries Mods)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
I think I'd be fine ordering from Squid, IF I had a FB account. As Kat said, if I wanted another, I'd go to Fred at Roadside though, but that's a personal preference, and based on my experiences working with him.

If I didn't have a Facebook account, I might shy away from dealing directly (I don't know). I'm comfortable because I do have one, and I've seen how quickly & effectively they respond to people there.

I bought my Squid from Roadside per DP's and Kat's suggestion.

I too found the battery cover difficult to attach the first few times. Now it's super easy.

Anyway, crummy service or not, for whatever reason I'd rather buy from a dealer than a manufacturer, with the only exception being ProVape. I cannot prove this, but I've just had overall better service from dealers.

So, should I buy another one at some point in the future, it will most likely be from Roadside.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I think I'd be fine ordering from Squid, IF I had a FB account. As Kat said, if I wanted another, I'd go to Fred at Roadside though, but that's a personal preference, and based on my experiences working with him.

If I didn't have a Facebook account, I might shy away from dealing directly (I don't know). I'm comfortable because I do have one, and I've seen how quickly & effectively they respond to people there.

If this had happened before I had made my first purchase, I would have had 2nd thoughts about ordering one at all. 14 day warranty and all sales are final. (Even if it doesn't work) They don't have a phone or answer e-mails, that is not good. I guess I wanted to deal directly with them, based on my experience with Provape. Where they had all my purchase records right there, if I had any problem.
I consider a company that only provides customer service or sales threw FakeBook a very unprofessional way of doing business. I still want one more though, it is a nice devise, but when I do order it it will be with Roadside Vapes.

KAS

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
If this had happened before I had made my first purchase, I would have had 2nd thoughts about ordering one at all. 14 day warranty and all sales are final. (Even if it doesn't work) They don't have a phone or answer e-mails, that is not good. I guess I wanted to deal directly with them, based on my experience with Provape. Where they had all my purchase records right there, if I had any problem.
I consider a company that only provides customer service or sales threw FakeBook a very unprofessional way of doing business. I still want one more though, it is a nice devise, but when I do order it it will be with Roadside Vapes.

KAS

Consider the stuff we've bought from across an ocean, with little or no recourse. We're talking about mods that are less than $100, but built with a quality not often seen. I'm not trying to defend them, but simply put things into perspective. I've got zero ties to them, and nobody there would even know my name.

ProVape was a unique company (but JAC Vapour is sure holding up their end of all bargains!), and we shouldn't compare anyone to them. From what I've seen of Squid, they're quite impressive.

I agree that it would be much better if they (everyone) had a presence outside of social media, but like it or not, that's the way things are going. Even BBV has gone HEAVILY to the Facebook/Instragram base, and who can blame a company for going where the money is. I, for one, cannot.

Vapers, we are. :vapor:

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
All of my devises that I use were all made in the USA, tanks and toppers they are from all over. If this thing had not popped up on my radar, I would have ordered the Jac. I have been watching that thread from the start. At least BBV does have a phone number you can call if needed.:|

KAS

Last edited:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
AGREE and AGREE and AGREE, DPL.

It's the way of our world as we know it, so whether or not we like it,,,,

And for anyone who wishes to buy directly from the manufacturer, it might not be a bad idea to get a FB account so that you'd have easy access to them.

They (Squid) have gone heavily to the distributor market and many, MANY vape shops sell their product. It is not inconceivable that they purposely don't push their direct-to-consumer product as a form of supporting their very large distributor network. (This info is easy verifiable and Google-able.)

Last edited:

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
KAS, forgive me, but there are manufacturers and vendors and all have a different outlook and treat their business in the ways they do. I don't find the comparisons from vendor to vendor (or manufacturer to manufacturer) entirely helpful.

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
BBV does have a number, KAS, yes. ProVape did not though, interestingly enough (if you recall). Neither sold via any retail outlets either, and were both 100% direct-to-consumer companies.

Different models - all great mods (IMO).

StealthyTX

Hates brass
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
Austin, TX
Been lurking a bit (bored waiting for my new V200 to arrive) and I'm forced to agree with Kas. I understand that some small companies may want to keep their presence on Facebook. Why sell from a webpage, then? Can't they put up a Facebook store? Also, I *have* been to vendor pages where they describe their product and do not sell from their website, but do offer links to online shops (but even in those cases they have an address and/or phone number on their site). Whether or not they have a preference for communicating on Facebook, if they sell from a website outside Facebook, they should provide service for those sales. Period. By the way, there is no link on their website for their Facebook page even a mention of a presence on Facebook.

If they want to ghost their customers, not offer any support except what the retailer is willing to offer, fine, that's their choice. But in that case they should quit selling from their site, offer reseller links and make it clear that no communication to them will be answered and any customers needing assistance should go to the place of purchase, or try their luck on the Facebook page (that they don't mention on their website).

Also, I have bought many Chinese mods, and I have never encountered one with a 14 day warranty. My Innokins, while not perfect, have worked great, and I suspect if I did have an issue Innokin or the reseller would make some effort to help, or at the very least answer an email.

Last edited:

StealthyTX

Hates brass
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
Austin, TX
I realize the above post may be a little harsh, I did give it to them with both barrels (pun). In a more constructive vein, is there anyone here on speaking terms with these people? If so here are some questions worth posing:

Is it possible that they don't know that there is no contact info on their site other than an unresponsive email address?
Have they read their returns page with a customers point of view in mind?
Is there really only a 14 day warranty on their product, or is that a mistake?
Do they only communicate through Facebook? If so, it would be helpful to make that known on the site and provide a link to it like everyone else.
Is the intent not to support their product directly, but delegate that to the resellers? Again, if so make it clear on the site, and stop selling direct.

I ask, because sometimes people outsource their site design, and maybe just *maybe* the owner is unaware of all this. It's the only reasonable excuse I can think of.

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
Arrived yesterday (ordered Sunday, shipped Monday, arrived WKY Thursday :thumb:) and both the Green Batt Door and the extra Black Door ordered fit nice & snugly w/LG HG2s chambered.
Now to "mod the Mod" ;)

**By the way DPL, the General's Revenger Mini came in yesterday too. Gotta say after messing around with & setting it up for her, it's actually quite an impressive & nifty little Device (even for a built-in). Also, the NRG Tank (comes w/3.5ml SE model) and GT Coils are (initially) impressive as well. Awesome Coil variety/selection and ease of operation/filling/etc. make it a great mixture of simplicity with surprisingly admirable flavor and vapor production for what it is and meant to be.
Matter of fact, when SSGT. Knockaround (Gen 1 Pico) finally retires or goes K.I.A. that Rig/Kit is what I'll prob replace it with.
my 2 cents, spend it at your own risk ;)

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Arrived yesterday (ordered Sunday, shipped Monday, arrived WKY Thursday :thumb:) and both the Green Batt Door and the extra Black Door ordered fit nice & snugly w/LG HG2s chambered.
Now to "mod the Mod" ;)

**By the way DPL, the General's Revenger Mini came in yesterday too. Gotta say after messing around with & setting it up for her, it's actually quite an impressive & nifty little Device (even for a built-in). Also, the NRG Tank (comes w/3.5ml SE model) and GT Coils are (initially) impressive as well. Awesome Coil variety/selection and ease of operation/filling/etc. make it a great mixture of simplicity with surprisingly admirable flavor and vapor production for what it is and meant to be.
Matter of fact, when SSGT. Knockaround (Gen 1 Pico) finally retires or goes K.I.A. that Rig/Kit is what I'll prob replace it with.
my 2 cents, spend it at your own risk ;)

AWESOME news, HC! That little baby is temptress, for sure.

It's them flashing lights. ;):cool:

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Now to "mod the Mod" ;)

Doth one need another wist-bandeth, dear General Green?

(Conkrats, kiddo!!!!!!!!!)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Doth one need another wist-bandeth, dear General Green?

(Conkrats, kiddo!!!!!!!!!)

Flashing Lights and don't forget; it's "Cute" too :w00t:
Like a little Vape Gear-Puppy ;)

Another Band for SGM Throwback? Why Shore! One ain't never enough right? :thumbs:

MO' WRISTBANDS!!! :thumbs::lol:

"Whut?" :blush::facepalm:

20180210_083126.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread