Kat’s Kalamari Klub (Squid Industries Mods)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
One bandie, comin' right up, Sarge!

green hitcat.jpg

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Oh DEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What kolor wrist band do you prefer, oh superest of truckers??
Hhhmmm... Black, I think, to match my mod.

And in other color coordination news, I finally got the new Blitzen on top of squid, having built it about an hour ago. I'll post pics, as soon as I figure out which box I haven't yet unpacked from moving holds my Nikon and lighted backdrop. It looks good up there, and vapes very well indeed, not that I expected less from GeekVape.

The Blitz is nice gear. Postless deck, easy to build. Way airish, even too much for me, which is a wonder. I run it about half open. With the air closed right down it has enough resistance to MTL as well, but the .45Ω dualie stainless build I have in it is inappropriate for that usage, so I really can't say how well it will MTL.It comes with no less than 5 drip tips, from 800 series down to cocktail straws for the MTLers out there, and a huge supply of spare Os.

My two main gripes are the deck screws are flat-head where I would have preferred hex sockets.

And if there's a way to install the rassenfrackin included 5ml bubble tank, I haven't figured it out. I did manage to finally remove the top cap/chimney assembly from mid cap, but never (yet) managed to get the top cap itself removed from the chimney assembly. I can't budge it at all, even with the included spanner key I finally found hidden amongst the vast plethora-- vast, I say-- of spare o-rings in the little plastic bag. As issued, the chimney screw isn't long enough to reach the mid cap with the 5ml glass in place. It looks like it could screw down far enough to get there-- if I could move it at all, that is-- but if it did, there doesn't appear to be enough of it left for the top cap to screw on to the other end. Maybe I'm supposed to have gotten a chimney extension or something. I eamiled Geek, but they're on "holiday" through the 22nd, so not expecting a rapid response. Until I figure it out, it's a 2ml tank, I reckon.

Ah well. It does vape nicely :)

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Doesn't get a lot simpler than that. I hate tanks with no windows. Can you really tell remaining volume through the top on that thing?

I won't lie - it's not "EASY", but yeah, I can do it. I actually prefer those tanks inside my XVOs, because they're a perfect fit. I don't usually vape low though, so I'm filling long before they get close.

But yeah, it takes good lighting, and decent eyes (or eyewear, in my case). I DO like they way they look though (subjectively speaking, of course).

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
I won't lie - it's not "EASY", but yeah, I can do it. I actually prefer those tanks inside my XVOs, because they're a perfect fit. I don't usually vape low though, so I'm filling long before they get close.

But yeah, it takes good lighting, and decent eyes (or eyewear, in my case). I DO like they way they look though (subjectively speaking, of course).
I figured. BTW, your Squiddie looks different from mine, aside from just the color. Mine has all-caps SQUID INDUSTRIES in block lettering down the barrel below the fire button, and no logo on the side of the barrel.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I figured. BTW, your Squiddie looks different from mine, aside from just the color. Mine has all-caps SQUID INDUSTRIES in block lettering down the barrel below the fire button, and no logo on the side of the barrel.

That's a sleevie, supr!

LOVE the sleevies. We have them in the white/clear, and the black.

Ah, so 'tis! I shall order right away!

Sometimes I dress it up, and sometimes I let it run Au Naturale. :shock::lol:

I do like the skull and anchor logo...

VERY much, me too. :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread