Kat’s Kalamari Klub (Squid Industries Mods)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Being the team player that I am and all, and I’m just doing this to HELP answer your question .... ordered an obsidian black from Roadside. Priority mail. I’ll tell you what color black it is when it gets here.

:thumb: :thumbs: :D

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Matte vs. Gloss???? :cry:

MATTE :thumb:
Always :D
*IMO anyways ;)
If it’s toooo shiny, I’ll pass it on to my sister. She runs a PTSD clinic at the VA and takes my “nots” to share with patients looking to quit stinkies. Not sure how her Ranger hubby will feel about Navy equipment in the house... Hitcat, you near Calloway Co?

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
If it’s toooo shiny, I’ll pass it on to my sister. She runs a PTSD clinic at the VA and takes my “nots” to share with patients looking to quit stinkies. Not sure how her Ranger hubby will feel about Navy equipment in the house... Hitcat, you near Calloway Co?

Good on you & her :thumb:

Rollin' in The Calloway you ask?
I been known to Recon that Rural Hood :2cool:

P.s. be hit-n-miss 50/50 prop on the Ranger... can be quite the "moody" sort in my experience :lol:

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Rangers get that way sometimes when they don't get the right amount of "Trigger Time", ya know. It tends to upset their day. I have found that most in that line of work need a certain amount of "Burnt Gun Powder" with their breakfast or they get a bit "Out Of Sorts".

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia

I honestly don't think the gloss is shiny - it just has a light sheen to it where the matte is flat black. Thanks for your willingness to settle the question. Wow - we have great people here. ;)

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
I honestly don't think the gloss is shiny - it just has a light sheen to it where the matte is flat black. Thanks for your willingness to settle the question. Wow - we have great people here. ;)
It’s the least I could do after y’all led me to the first mod in years I’ve loved. Plus I was begging for an excuse to get a second DB :p

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
Mamma mia, is that marvelous!!!!! HC, you've outdone yourself! Love the artistry!

And the MASH jeep and trailer were done in WHAT? CARDBOARD? Unbelievable! Thanks for sharing those with us, sweetie. :banana:

Nola, isn't the batt life something amazing on our darling Squiddies! I think I'm at around 10 days or so between battery changes. LOVE that!

PJ, I read the FB page with the 'explanation' of the blacks. It left me rather confused, too.

I just spoke with Eric tho, and he said that the Obsidian is gloss, and the Matte is matte. He also said that they may not do more of the gloss ones.

Nevertheless, you're in need of a wristband! I'll be BAAAAAAAAAACH.

My black one is both: the mod is matte and the battery cover is glossy. OK, OK, I know I'm a smart-....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread