Kat’s Kalamari Klub (Squid Industries Mods)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
It’s the least I could do after y’all led me to the first mod in years I’ve loved. Plus I was begging for an excuse to get a second DB :p

Vapers helping vapers. It warms the heart - don't it though? :D

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

Is this obsidian black?

Looks like jobs well done to me, Sir Deuce of Coupes. :thumb:

The Matte was just recently introduced, around late December (2017). Everything up to that point was the glossy Obsidian.

This is at least my understanding of the situation, but I'm by no means an expert. You're all getting what I know through approximately three parties (including myself).

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
If that’s the case it looks like neither is gloss. One is satin black and one is flat black.

I'll take your word for it. I'm not so swift with nuance related stuff. A typical response from me would be, "Um - it's black." :blink:

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Looks like jobs well done to me, Sir Deuce of Coupes. :thumb:

The Matte was just recently introduced, around late December (2017). Everything up to that point was the glossy Obsidian.

This is at least my understanding of the situation, but I'm by no means an expert. You're all getting what I know through approximately three parties (including myself).
Ugh, now I really can’t wait to see what color this baby is when it arrives ... guess I can put a sleeve on it. What would you call the champagne... gloss or matte?

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Ugh, now I really can’t wait to see what color this baby is when it arrives ... guess I can put a sleeve on it. What would you call the champagne... gloss or matte?

Sort of a glossed matte. ;)

*not flat, not gloss*

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Sort of a glossed matte. ;)

*not flat, not gloss*
Not to be argumentative but I was actually thinking it was more of a matted gloss (than a glossed matte). ;-)

Actually, Roadside Fred mentioned it in his email yesterday regarding the black. He said it was gloss, and that the Obsidian Black was similar to it.

Well, except for the fact that it's a different color, of course. :)

Helpful? You decide.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Not to be argumentative but I was actually thinking it was more of a matted gloss (than a glossed matte). ;-)

Actually, Roadside Fred mentioned it in his email yesterday regarding the black. He said it was gloss, and that the Obsidian Black was similar to it.

Well, except for the fact that it's a different color, of course. :)

Helpful? You decide.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
About as helpful as my husband :lol:... I’m betting to me, it’ll look.... black o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread